Ideas for MC-Server
are you now working on something? there is no update for 3 days :O
Thanks given by:
I've been on a short holiday Smile Went to Legoland for a day, yay! Smile
Thanks given by:
ok Smile hope it was fun for youBig Grin
Thanks given by:
and are you now working on something??Big Grin or again on an holiday?
Thanks given by:
Yeah man, work harder!
I mean 3 days no updates! 3 days man!

On a different note; I hope you had fun Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh, look who's alive! It is now how long, 1/2 month since your last commit?Tongue

Fun? Definitely. Come on, it's Legoland, after all. It brings out the inner child in every man Smile

I'm now doing two things - in the trunk I'm trying to speed up the NBT parser and serializer so that MCA files are read fast enough. And in my composable_generator branch I'm rewriting the lighting. Because since the generator rewrite we get the advantage of having chunk's block fully generated in one go (instead of previously waiting for neighbors for trees), so the lighting can take full advantage of this. Also I'm thinking of doing a lazy-lighting evaluation - lighting will be calculated only when needed (sending chunk to a player or getting light value for a mob to spawn), instead of after each block change.
Thanks given by:
Project Die?
Thanks given by:
Give the devs a break! They are not paid to work on MCServer but does so in their spare time. They might have better things to do...
Thanks given by:
I think it'll take a lot more "effort" for the project to dieTongue
Nay, I was just a bit busy with my second job, but I think it's now settled, so I can take care of MCS for a bit.
I think FakeTruth is busy at school right now, so don't expect much from him at the moment.

Actually, I have a nice addition stashed, about to be committed - almost a ten-fold increase in chunk-loading time when using the MCA (Anvil) file format. I managed to cook up a really fast NBT parser.
Thanks given by: