Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Now i know how to export things to lua i'm trying to create functions to broadcast sound. And its workingBig Grin i now made a plugin that broadcasts a Fuse sound when a block becomes a pickup ;D
EDIT: I only need to know good names for the function. i now have "BroadcastFuseSound" for the fuse sound.
Thanks given by:
Do you want to have a separate function for each sound? I'd parametrize the sound, making a BroadcastSound() function and it would accept either a SoundName (string) or a SoundType (enum / number) parameter.
Also, have a look at the protocol specification, I think there are two separate sound-related packets, maybe we could refactor them to a more usable form.
Thanks given by:
I'm currently optimizing 3D noise generation. I've already optimized the 2D version, but that isn't used as much as the 3D version is, and also the savings with the 3D version are expected even higher than with the 2D version. But the math behind it is massive and it hurts my brainBig Grin

It's working!Big Grin Muhehehe it's working! Now to add trilinear interpolation and build a Perlin noise module on top of it, and we're done Smile
Thanks given by:
Just for the fun of it, I put MCS on ohloh.net:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/mc-server
They're still processing the sources at this moment, and I'm curious what the stats will be Smile
Thanks given by:
its finished ;D
Thanks given by:
>> ... took an estimated 82 years of effort <<Big Grin
I didn't set the ignore-files properly, so it's counting SQLite, lua etc. into this. The next update should be more accurate. How many years will we be younger? Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol I already thought that's absolute bullcrap :p
Thanks given by:
Now it says 25 years.

Weird thing is, it says there's some 9k lines of XML, yet I cannot seem to find them anywhere Sad

Oh, I think I've found it - the .vcproj files are XML inside and the CryptoPP project file is huuuge. That's probably the source. But then, it should be excluded.
Thanks given by:
One thing that Ohloh's right about: we have very little code comments. We need to document the stuff we're doing.
Thanks given by:
Argh, another off-by-one error, I hate those Sad
And anybody wants to commit suicide, just mention LinearInterpolation to meTongue
Thanks given by: