Random Chitchat 2012-2016
he isnt the dutch version of santa if he was we couldnt have christmas..
Thanks given by:
with the book i have i learn the basics of C++, BASIC and the script-language revolution. Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2012, 08:57 PM)ThuGie Wrote: he isnt the dutch version of santa if he was we couldnt have christmas..

Actually he is. And in contrary to your beliefs (apparently) Christmas is not about Santa Claus but about the birth of Jesus

(12-03-2012, 05:37 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: yay from sinterklaas (the dutch version of santa) i got a book where you can learn c++Big Grin
Lucky you, sounds like funBig Grin

Do you know what you would like to program in C++? Like a graphical application (a game) or do you think simple console applications are fun enough?Tongue
Thanks given by:
i think first console'sTongue but i need to understand C++ first Smile
Thanks given by:
Emirates the airlines are great! Even had a working power socket at my seat.
However, the Dubai airport suxx big time. Too few places to sit, internet access almost non-existent and extremely flaky...
I hope I'll manage to push the commits through before boarding the next flight.

Well, it held, so, yay, new commits Smile
Thanks given by:
I compiled MCServer in Release mode to see how much memory it takes and it appears that the chunks are never unloaded!
After a couple minutes of flying there are over 10k chunks in memory:
[Image: mcschunks.png]
Thanks given by:
Oh.. is that why my vps is suddenly using 1gb+ of memory ? almost maxing out my 2gb lol.
So far i have seen nobody really been on the server.. it was in idle so..Big Grin.
Thanks given by:
I noticed this as well. Someone removed the periodical chunk saving. And I cannot find the commit when it happenned. So now chunks are never auto-saved, and thus cannot be unloaded because they are marked dirty.
Thanks given by:
Use svn blame if you can find the changed lines?
Thanks given by:
For changed lines, yes, but not for deleted linesTongue

Hmm, might be my mistake when I was refactoring the world time. I'll fix it later when I return to the hotel.
Thanks given by: