Need help in configuring the server (settings.ini)
Hello.

Today is the first time the server is installed. A little confused. Where can I find a manual for a complete server configuration, and what variables can be added settings.ini. I can not understand how to assign a survival game mode when the server starts. How to register in the game figured out.

Sorry for bad English.
Thanks given by:
Hi,
unfortunately there is no manual with a complete configuration. Some basic info can be found at the wiki: http://www.mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=install , though it is clear that that documentation is very lacking.

Generally, you use the Settings.ini file to configure the overall server behavior, and define (possibly several) worlds. Then for each world there's a World.ini in the world's folder, there you can configure the world itself.
Some settings are already present in those files. Most of the time those values are all you'll need to set.

Survival mode is changed in World.ini, in the [GameMode] section. GameMode=0 means survival, GameMode=1 means creative.
Note, though, that mobs are currently not really functional, so the survival mode may not be a good idea Wink
Thanks given by: Bender
Thank you so much, why then he did not think to read this file. And one more question, can we move from the world of Java server?
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I don't understand the first question - who's "he"? What file? What thinking?

If you're compiling from svn source or using a nightbuild binary, then yes, it is possible to copy original Java server's world and use it in MCServer, although this is still experimental and not fully implemented (for example furnaces lose their contents). You need to copy MCA files from your Java server's world into the "region" folder inside the MCServer's world folder.

For example, if your MCServer world is called "world" (default), then it is stored in folder "world". Copy your MCA files to "world\region\*.mca".

MCServer will read MCA files from that folder, but it will write its own format, PAK, when it's saving chunks. If you want it to save into MCA files, you need to modify "world\world.ini", under the section [Storage], the "Schema" variable specifies the format used for saving. Available values are "Anvil" (MCA files) and "Compact" (PAK files, default). Note that MCServer reads any format it can find, so this change is not required for reading world, only for writing.
If for example you want to move the world back to Java server later, or use 3rd party mapping tools, you'll need to set the Schema to Anvil.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for my english (http://translate.google.ru).
I downloaded MCServer_Win_488 (there is clearly stated that the versions of 124/125 is suitable) I maincraft 125, but to connect poptyke get the answer "The server is currently full Sad -- Try again", "server shut down? Kthnxbai", and after a reboot sometimes "the server responded whit an invalid server key". Do not tell what to do? all the standard settings.
Log: http://ifolder.ru/30448533
P.S. Maincraft tried it with and without mods.
Thanks given by:
Whoa, google translate didn't do too good a job. Perhpas try writing in russian, too, Я немного понимаю русский Smile

Did you just unpack the 488 archive and run it, or did you edit the files first? You need to provide a valid settings.ini file first. If you don't know how to, just rename the settings.example.ini to settings.ini.
Thanks given by:
>>Did you just unpack the 488 archive and run it
так и делал Smile
>>rename the settings.example.ini to settings.ini.
Это помоглоSmile смог подключиться к серверу. Спасибо Smile буду эксперементировать
Thanks given by:
Glad that helped.
I probably should write that into the instructions on the nightbuilds page.
Thanks given by:
Can do that as at a 'official server' - if the necessary files of tuning are not present he creates them with standard parameters?
Thanks given by: