Lua studio?
Tell me a good environment for Lua programming
Thanks given by:
Umm, notepad? Wink))

I can't imagine many benefits any IDE could offer, considering that Lua interface (and hence the available functions) is governed by the application that is implementing the Lua scripting. So there's nothing like word-completion or such.
Thanks given by:
i would think about notepad++ not notepad Smile
Thanks given by:
I mean it would be a good idea to make an IDE specific for MC-Server plugin development, or simply a Syntax-Highlight + word-completion file for notepad++/any other editor. With something like this, development would become a lot easier for the plugin people...
What do you think of this idea? (Don't mind my english, I'm from Austria Wink )
Thanks given by:
There are several problems with that:
1. We don't even have a stable API yet. Since MCServer is still being rewritten into proper multithreading, lots of functions are being created, deleted or changed. Even the principles change (one example: instead of World:GetPlayer():fn() we now have World:DoWithPlayer(fn) )
2. The developer activity is low. There's only two of us relatively active now. We need to attract more active developers. But to do that, we need to be a viable alternative to the official server. And to be a viable alternative, we need more developers. See the deadlock?
3. If we do something of the sorts for Notepad++, people would start asking "why not scintilla?", "why not <insertyoureditornamehere>?"

I think it'd be much better if some of the knowledgable plugin authors could actually bring the wiki documentation page up to date. It's really old now and not very informative. That might help more than a set of highlight rules for a particular editor Smile
Thanks given by:
agreed Smile

I'm watching this project for some time now and maybe I will write some plugins and use the software more than I've did before. Think you need a better Redstone-Implementation, right? We will see what my ideas to that redstone stuff are going to look like Smile
Thanks given by: