Some bugs in r508
Hi! There is a list of bugs that I found in r508.
Sorry for not using the bug tracker site but there is too many bugs, that I don't want to spam it.Tongue

Quote:- if you open a fence gate when holding a block, you will place it
- cacti is generating too often
- items don't slide on ice (only clientside)
- dispensers don't work
- levers, pressure plates, buttons aren't working
- Redstone doesn't go vertically ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21041937/redstonebug1.png )

Hope you will be able to fix them Smile
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
i know another one Smile transparant blocks let grass transform into dirt
Thanks given by:
Hi,

nice list. Some of the bugs are known and already in the bug tracker. Some of them are known, but not written anywhere. Some seem plain weird Smile

With the ores, did you use any statistics-collecting program, or is it just a subjective feeling? I think it's more about the caves' shape - there are more caves, so more ores are visible.

Trees should be generating fine, especially if you try the newest revisions (515). Biomes got added there, so you might want to adjust your settings; have a look at the wiki for detailed world.ini settings.
Thanks given by:
Trees started generating after enabling Voronoi biomes. The world looks pretty cool now Wink
For ores, i haven't used any programs, maybe that's just the cave's shape.

I will be searching for more bugs, and I can provide you the details if you can't reproduce some of them from the list.
You should definitely take look at the water, it's very weird.
Thanks given by:
(05-27-2012, 11:57 PM)Luksor Wrote: - "Downloading terrain" takes a lot more time than on java server

if you set Scheme in the world.ini under [Storage] to Anvil the download will be a bit faster. the only problem then is that furnaces and chest don't work Sad
this is my world.ini

Quote:[SpawnPosition]
X=-372.270000
Y=75.000000
Z=304.000000

[GameMode]
GameMode=1

[Storage]
Schema=Anvil

[Seed]
Seed=1038005552

[Generator]
BiomeGen=Voronoi
HeightGen=Classic
Structures=Trees,MarbleCaves,OreNests
Finishers=SprinkleFoliage,Snow,Ice

(05-27-2012, 11:57 PM)Luksor Wrote: - items don't slide on ice (only clientside)

thats probably becouse items don't pop-up as in the normal minecraft
Thanks given by:
Added some new bugs to the list.
Thanks given by:
Connecting multiply with the same username is actually a feature that FakeTruth is proud of and won't let it go. It's the only way for him to test multiple players on the server Wink

Someone here on the forums was modifying the recipes.txt, both the contents and the engine, so that it could represent all vanilla MC recipes. I'm not sure if they finished, though.
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2012, 06:18 AM)xoft Wrote: Someone here on the forums was modifying the recipes.txt, both the contents and the engine, so that it could represent all vanilla MC recipes. I'm not sure if they finished, though.

I want to implement the remaining recipes but i can't because it does not support meta data ( i can't make dyes, colored wool etc ).
Thanks given by:
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=423
Try synchronizing with this guy, no need to do the same work twice Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2012, 06:18 AM)xoft Wrote: Connecting multiply with the same username is actually a feature that FakeTruth is proud of and won't let it go. It's the only way for him to test multiple players on the server Wink

Yes, that's a featureTongue
Thanks given by: