Bug tracker spam
It seems some spammers have decided to create incomprehensible reports.
Thanks given by:
They've been there for quite a while :p I clean them up when I think there is enough spam. I can't delete tasks from within flyspray, I have to delete them manually through MySQL/phpmyadmin
Thanks given by:
Just set their email to empty and then we can safely close them within FlySpray itself. As long as we don't care about closed issues Smile
Thanks given by:
Obviously I can close them from FlySpray, but I can't delete them. And I do not want to host spam on the bugtracker.
Thanks given by:
If you closed them without blanking the email, flyspray would have tried to send an email to that bogus address, with who knows what kind of results - either confirming to the spammers that they hit something live, or having your own mailserver marked as a spam source.

Whatever, just get rid of them Wink
Speaking of spam (and anti-spam), would it be possible to add some kind of a whitelist to the wiki? The captchas there are getting harder and harder to read, when I was writing the docs, that was one thing that really got on my nerves. Especially when I solved that captcha just to remember that I still need to preview the page first.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2012, 04:15 AM)xoft Wrote: Speaking of spam (and anti-spam), would it be possible to add some kind of a whitelist to the wiki? The captchas there are getting harder and harder to read, when I was writing the docs, that was one thing that really got on my nerves. Especially when I solved that captcha just to remember that I still need to preview the page first.

Dunno, I don't think the captcha plugin distinguishes between users. Even though I'm the admin, I still need to enter the captchas. I'll investigate later to see if I can find something that works...

DokuWiki unlike MediaWiki does not require you to preview the page before you submit it, and you can preview it without entering the captcha.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but I usually automatically solve the captcha, then remember that I wanted to preview the page first. And I do want to preview before committing, because I do tend to make mistakes, especially with tables.
Well, hopefully you'll find something.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, there was a config option to disable reCAPTCHA for users. Unfortunately I cannot filter between users, so if a spambot manages to register, it can still spam the wiki. Good thing is that there are no spambots already registered, actually there are very few users on the wiki.
Thanks given by:
Why don't the authors of such tools add reasonable options? Such as "disable captcha for users with more than N commits"? That would so make sense.
Thanks given by:
The bug tracker has been cleaned for the moment
Thanks given by: