Noob
I am a noob and have been running a bukkit server, then i saw this. How in the hell do i get plugins to work? It always tells me it could not find function initialize????
Thanks given by:
It depends on the plugin. We have recently changed the plugin interface and some plugins haven't been updated, so they won't work at all. Some old plugins will work only if you declare them with "plugin=" instead of "newplugin=" in the settings.ini file, but chances are such old plugins won't work anyway because they might be using functions no longer available in the interface.
Sorry to be so vague but you've caught us in a time of transition, so things change quite often.
Perhaps if you list the plugins you're trying to get running, we can help - both checking if the plugin is still capable of running with current MCServer versions, or even getting it up to date.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2012, 05:25 PM)xoft Wrote: It depends on the plugin. We have recently changed the plugin interface and some plugins haven't been updated, so they won't work at all. Some old plugins will work only if you declare them with "plugin=" instead of "newplugin=" in the settings.ini file, but chances are such old plugins won't work anyway because they might be using functions no longer available in the interface.
Sorry to be so vague but you've caught us in a time of transition, so things change quite often.
Perhaps if you list the plugins you're trying to get running, we can help - both checking if the plugin is still capable of running with current MCServer versions, or even getting it up to date.

Thank you for the kind reply, xoft! I will give the "plugin=" a shot! I will list a few shortly. Thank you for being so kind!
Thanks given by: