Problem with client
I first used client version 1.25 and server revision 647.
Client and server are on the same machine.

The problem is client get's stuck in logging in and then it throws an error:
java.io.utfdataformatexception: malformer input around byte 137.

Then I used client version 1.81, same server revision, both client and server on the same machine.
The client complained with:

The server responded with an invalid server key.

I tried with the server in linux, other machine, and the client doesn't even "see" the server.

I'll be glad if anyone could help me.

Thanks

Thanks given by:
did you changed the settings.ini.example to settings.ini?? and if you didn't do it with all the example files then you could probably login with minecraft 1.2.5 if not maybe can faketruth or another devoleper fix it
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2012, 04:50 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: did you changed the settings.ini.example to settings.ini?? and if you didn't do it with all the example files then you could probably login with minecraft 1.2.5 if not maybe can faketruth or another devoleper fix it

Will test that now, thanks.

Update:

Now the error with version 1.81 is "Your client version is outdated".
With version 1.25, I got this error: "Internal.exception:java.io.blabla : Bad packet id 55".
Thanks given by:
where did you download it? you need to download it from here: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2012, 05:14 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: where did you download it? you need to download it from here: http://mc-server.xoft.cz/
I've downloaded the server from there.
Thanks given by:
Do you have any client mods installed? MCServer doesn't support any mods in the client, they may disrupt the communication.
Packet 55 isn't anything documented, so the vanilla client most likely isn't sending such a packet, a mod must be
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2012, 04:53 PM)xoft Wrote: Do you have any client mods installed? MCServer doesn't support any mods in the client, they may disrupt the communication.
Packet 55 isn't anything documented, so the vanilla client most likely isn't sending such a packet, a mod must be

As far as I know, it's not modded.
I think the problem is both clients are not legit.
Thanks given by:
Well, if it's not legit, then it has been "modded" somehow (to remove the legitimacy check), so I guess that's what broke the communication.

Sorry, but we don't endorse non-legit clients here. We believe the price for MineCraft is very low and they deserve the money for what they've done.
Thanks given by:
Well, normally those cracked clients should work well with MCServer if Authentification is disabled.

I often used a cracked client to test something I need two users for and it always worked well.
Thanks given by: