The new MCServer coding style?
Good Morning,
yesterday I commited some changes to the svn, but unfortunately I have missed that there is a new style now?
(Without c in the filenames?)
Is it discussed/noted somewhere?Big Grin
And what are the other changes made done to the style?

Thanks,

Simon

Edit: And which is the actively maintained project file?
Because I just installed VS2008 and saw that their File is much cleaner than the VS2010 project fileBig Grin:D
Also the first thing I had to do yesterday was to fix the VS2010 project file.
Thanks given by:
I use vc2008 for compiling. Xoft said that i should use that one. Anyway i am happy there is another developer Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi,
there is not a new style per se, it's just an incremental change in style Wink Happens when more developers change the code, their personal styles need to merge somehow. There's no single place where the style would be discussed.

The VS2010 project was maintained by FakeTruth, but he gave up and went VS2008, too, when he found out that VS2008 is a much faster IDE Smile So the VS2010 project hasn't been touched for a few months. I was actually thinking about removing it altogether - it can be recreated later from the 2008 projects, if need be.

One more note, though, about your commits: if you rename a file, rename it through SVN, so that the file keeps its history. What you did to BlockArea caused it to lose all history, so now SVN Blame, Revision graph etc. don't work as expected.
If you're using TortoiseSVN, you can "fix" files renamed by other programs: when committing, select the deleted filename and the new filename, rclk and choose "fix move / rename". That will inform SVN that the two files should be linked together history-wise.
Thanks given by:
Well, which style should I use now?Big Grin
With c infront of the filename?
c infront of the classname?Big Grin

And VS2010 vs VS2008:
Yeah, VS2008 is really much faster, but I only have the Express Version.
With VS2010 I have the Professional VersionBig Grin

And sorry for the delete, recreateConfused
I didn´t knew TortoiseSVN / SVN must be commanded to rename it. (Git user .. pfffBig Grin)
Thanks given by:
I still use c in front of the filename and classname
Thanks given by:
Mhh, but we should agree on one still, shouldn´t we?
And I think the best would be to keep it, because it would take hours to change everything.
Thanks given by:
I keep the old ones, but when I create new files, I don't use "c" prefix anymore. It's a hassle to sort the directory, then. I plan on renaming all old files, one day. The first step has been already done - the *nix makefile no longer lists all the filenames Wink

As for class names, since many of them are exported to Lua, it makes sense to keep them. Also, I've grown both on MFC which uses the "C" prefix, and Delphi, which uses the "T" prefix, so I'm pretty used to having a class prefix.

To be honest, I now have no idea on how to fix that file's history. I considered myself SVN-educated, but this is above me. I tried reverse-merging, but that didn't work, because the file contents didn't change.
Lapayo, I'd really appreciate if you could clean up the repository, deleting all the _OLD_ files that are not needed anymore. That's why the code is in a repository - if anyone needs those files, they can revive them from the history, no need to keep them around cluttering the current code.
Thanks given by:
The _OLD_ files should be removed in the next revision Wink
Thanks given by:
Hey,

About the vs2010 i use vs2010 pro.
And it works perfectly for me btw.. always had.
just 76 warnings :p.
Thanks given by:
There's still source/_OLD_SquirrelBindings.*, can that go as well?
Thanks given by: