Generated structures help offer
A friend of mine, who runs a few Minecraft servers for Czech players, has offered help to MCServer by holding an event where players would build structures they'd like to see generated in MCServer - something like YouAreMinecraft, but for structures. So we could get "blueprints" for things such as NPC villages, jungle temples, new tree types etc. from them. Of course they will need to get implemented among the structure generators, but we could have some cool features generated by default, which the vanilla doesn't have Smile
I'm glad that MCServer has sparked such interest in the community.

Now I need to think about some guidelines to provide to them, specifying what it is we exactly need. One thing is size - I don't think it's a good idea to integrate something that's larger than one chunk in the XZ size, for example. Also redstone machines would be problematic, since the redstone support is lacking to say the least.

If anyone can think of such a guideline, be sure to share your thoughts here.
Thanks given by:
Technical:
- we'll need the structures in a .schematic or .bo2 format (exportable from an Anvil world using WorldEdit)
- we'll also need the original world where they were built, for visual assessment
- the structures shouldn't be too large (generally 1 chunk, 16x16 in XZ)
- trees MUST not be larger than 16x16 in XZ
- MCServer doesn't support much redstone, so structures using redstone won't be added as soon as structures without redstone

Categories:
- NPC village buildings
- Underground structures (mineshafts, stronghold rooms, ...)
- Trees
- Standalone structures (jungle temples, icebergs, mother-trees...)
- Nether structures

General:
- structures should use blocks native to the vanilla client, and to the biome where they should reside (ie. no netherfortress in an overworld village)
- no texts (signs, letter-shaped blocks etc.)
- all authors must agree that their buildings will be made available through MCServer
- authors will be offered their name listed in a special CONTRIBUTORS file distributed along with MCServer; if they want to appear there, they should put a sign near their structure stating the name they want there
I can prepare a world suited for tree building - 16x16 areas separated by glass walls, so that measuring is easier.
Thanks given by:
World prepared using a very simple Lua plugin. Wow, we are flexible Smile
[Image: tree_grid.png]
Thanks given by:
does that mean we need to join a server and that we can create some stuff or download a world? not that i can do that now :S i am still on holiday for 5 daysTongue
Thanks given by:
Nay, it's only that there are several builders on those Czech servers who would like to contribute their buidings to MCServer to be the default NPC stuff. So they're gonna build something and then we'll integrate it into MCServer's generator. You don't need to do anything.

Although it's not forbidden for you to create some cool stuff and upload it here so that we can integrate it, too Smile
Thanks given by:
and is there already something comitted for MCS by those Czech servers? Smile
Thanks given by:
No, the event hasn't even started yet. And even if they did produce something, we don't have the algorithms yet to make use of it. I have it planned out in my head, but only some soft-plans Smile
Thanks given by:
haha ok sorryTongue do you have the ip of those servers?
Thanks given by:
Here's the announcement:
http://www.b-paradise.eu/2012/08/hledame...-fantazii/

The server addresses are in the top right corner. Good luck Wink
I'll probably post quick english instructions when the event starts.
Thanks given by:
do you know the language? then il try google translateTongue thats not perfect but i know what they meanBig Grin
Thanks given by: