Fluid physics
We need proper fluid physics Smile

While I was testing my MultiBlockChange code, I accidentally found a terrible bug in fluid behavior - on a flat terrain, lava from a single bucket spreads indefinitely in one direction. And I mean indefinitely. So far I followed it about 50 blocks, then I lost interestTongue
Thanks given by:
I can't replicate this Sad
Thanks given by:
Hmm, seems like a regression in my current modification, but still, the fluid physics are wrong anywayTongue
No, not a regression, testing with the very same beginning conditions makes the issue stand out even in current SVN version (rev 785).

Attaching the world.ini for generator settings and Core's main.lua for post-generation hook creating evenly spaced patches of grass. Place lava on the grass at {8, 66, 8} and watch it spread.

Here's a picture from my client:

Attached Files
.txt   world.ini.txt (Size: 959 bytes / Downloads: 175)
.txt   main.lua.txt (Size: 8.22 KB / Downloads: 186)
Thanks given by:
I told you about it long time agoTongue
Thanks given by:
Well, you didn't provide much of a replicate-able testcase.

Now, what's even worse, it seems the current fluid simulator has some memory problems and breaks the heap, usually resulting in a crash inside Lua.
It happens almost 100% regularly that I place a bucket of lava in a flat world and after a while the server crashes. If not directly, then for sure at next start when the world is loaded again.
Thanks given by: