Create a binaries folder on SVN?
Right now the SVN trunk is cluttered with project/development files and binary/release files (and folders).

I suggest creating a Binaries folder in trunk where the binaries are stored after compiling. This binaries folder will then also contain the default ini files and everything else the server needs.

I'm bringing this up, because it got worse after adding the Android project to SVN
Thanks given by:
i would say do itBig Grin you are the bossTongue and i think its usefull to have everything i need in one placeBig Grin
Thanks given by:
True, just be sure to use "svn move" so that the history is maintained.

I personally don't like how Android files clutter the trunk root, would it be possible to put them in a separate Android folder as well? (just like VC2008 and VC2010 are)

Also note that there is already an Install folder where I was planning to put files that are to be included in an installer but are not compiled. Currently there are only the install scripts used during the nightbuild, but perhaps we could move the example config there?

And any change in the folder structure will probably break the nightbuild script, so either fix it afterwards, or at least let me know so that I can fix it.
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2012, 05:19 AM)xoft Wrote: True, just be sure to use "svn move" so that the history is maintained.

I personally don't like how Android files clutter the trunk root, would it be possible to put them in a separate Android folder as well? (just like VC2008 and VC2010 are)
I don't know. I'll try this right now

(08-17-2012, 05:19 AM)xoft Wrote: Also note that there is already an Install folder where I was planning to put files that are to be included in an installer but are not compiled. Currently there are only the install scripts used during the nightbuild, but perhaps we could move the example config there?
Put the binaries also in there?

(08-17-2012, 05:19 AM)xoft Wrote: And any change in the folder structure will probably break the nightbuild script, so either fix it afterwards, or at least let me know so that I can fix it.
Dunno how that stuff works, I'll let you know when I break everything!
Thanks given by: