Floody water
Hey,

I just tested out the latest rev.
And it still seems to make source blocks..
As i placed 1 bucket i removed it and a lot of water stayed. had to remove them using a bucket.

And it also doesnt seem to flush away weed + sugarcane.
And when placed on snow it removes the block you place the source on and go's up by 1.
And still doesnt replace the snow just kinda flows above it.
Thanks given by:
Does it make source blocks, or are they other blocks that act as source blocks? For example falling water (meta=8) used to behave like a source block. Use the Debuggers plugin, rclk with a blaze rod to determine the block type and meta.

Best, remove all water from your world (or start a new world), switch the storage scheme to Forgetful, find the exact steps needed to replicate the behavior and post them here, together with a zipped up copy of the world, so that I can try (and retry and retry...)

Yes, lots of blocks aren't washed away still, I just wanted to know if adding them to cFluidSimulator::CanWashAway() is enough to make them washawayable. It is, so feel free to add other blocktypes there and post a patch or commit directly, if you have the rights. Also put snow there, that should cure "floating above the snow". The only thing remaining is to fix fluid placement with a bucket, that needs to go through the snow (and possibly other blocktypes) as well.
Thanks given by:
Well its 6:48 am not gone try it right now.
But i will also. shouldnt buckets only be able to take a source block ?

Anyway i will do this when i wake up i should have time to do it so Smile.
Thanks given by:
this is a bug that in MCS for a long time. you can't place water or lava through water or lava. or a video of it:
Thanks given by:
I'm just afraid that if I fix this, it'll somehow bug up the classic water simulatorTongue
Thanks given by:
i think nobody will use the classic water simulator after floody is finishedTongue
Thanks given by:
Rev 977 should fix fluid placement. It should also fix the snow bug.
Thanks given by:
when ice is pulled by a sticky piston there will be water. and the water that there will be will dissapear. that also happens when you break the ice. when it gets a block update it will dissapear
Thanks given by:
That water is only client-side. The client expects the physics to work the way it wants, so it's making the visuals in advance. But since MCServer doesn't send an updated block for some time, the client reverts that water back.

I'm not saying it's not our fault, it is, I'm just explaining the mechanics behind it.
Thanks given by:
if you break ice it doesn't turn into a source block.
Thanks given by: