Compiling on Linux
Uhm weird as im able to compile it on linux without problem.
Have you run a apt-get upgrade/update for gcc etc ?
Not sure if it will help but it might help :p.

Btw what linux distro are you using ?
I'm myself quite a linux noob. but i got it compiling and running without to much trouble.
Thanks given by:
(10-28-2012, 03:27 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Uhm weird as im able to compile it on linux without problem.
Have you run a apt-get upgrade/update for gcc etc ?
Not sure if it will help but it might help :p.

Btw what linux distro are you using ?
I'm myself quite a linux noob. but i got it compiling and running without to much trouble.

I'm about to switch to Snow Linux 3, as I've had it with yum and rpm. I tried to reinstall GCC. Removed it, went to install it again, somehow there are dependency problems, even though it has all the dependencies. It wants a newer one, even though it worked fine with the older one, but yum refuses to work with the newer one, and I can't have two versions of it. If you ask me the way dependencies are handled in most Linux distros could not make less sense, and could not be more retarded.

As far as having an updated compiler, it was the most recent available version of GCC in the Fedora repos. I had MCServer compiled and running at one point myself, then after updating the source code to a new revision, it refused to run anymore, I then patched the problem source code files, then I updated the source again, and now it's spitting these errors, and now I have no compiler. I blame it on Fedora and yum.
Thanks given by:
I'd try deleting all MCServer sources and checking them out afresh. If you did some changes and later updated, there could have been conflicts which would be marked in the file and thus the files won't compile.
Or if you don't want to clean out everything, try "svn status" and see what it gives. If there's a conflict, you need to solve it before compiling.
Thanks given by:
I had deleted everything and redid the svn update as I do every time I modify something. SO that's ruled out by default. Like I said I'm switching distros, so we'll see how it works once I switch. I think Fedora has been going the wrong direction since they decided to stick with GNOME 3, instead of going to MATE or xfce, for the default install.
Thanks given by:
Just so you know i'm using Operating System Debian 6 x86_64
For my vps and on that vps i also compile it Smile.
Thanks given by:
Hello, I'm having issue too when compiling under Linux.
http://paste.ee/r/oEtsO

I have updated gcc to see if it fixes the issue, but it didn't.
Debian 6 ( 3.2 kernel )
Thanks given by:
Seems like the squirrel vm is causing too much trouble. I'm definitely gonna remove it. In the meantime, you can open the GNUmakefile and add -fpermissive to CXXFLAGS in the release section, that should temporarily fix the compilation.
Thanks given by: