MCServer on Raspberry Pi
Hello,
I would like to install MCServer on a Raspberry Pi I have. I am very, very new to Linux, so I have no idea where to start. If someone could give me some instructions, I would greatly appreciate it. If you need any more information from me, let me know.
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2012, 10:28 AM)Computer_Dude95 Wrote: Hello,
I would like to install MCServer on a Raspberry Pi I have. I am very, very new to Linux, so I have no idea where to start. If someone could give me some instructions, I would greatly appreciate it. If you need any more information from me, let me know.
Thanks!
it's easy to compile however, i'd recommend Waiting till you can purchase the new 512MB ModelB pi
Thanks given by:
I do have the new 512MB model already. How would I compile it?
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2012, 02:04 PM)Computer_Dude95 Wrote: I do have the new 512MB model already. How would I compile it?

http://www.mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=compiling_gcc easiest would be doing that while connected via PuTTY if yoru only able to connect the pi to an TV (non HDMI)
Thanks given by: Computer_Dude95
Thank you very much for your help! I have successfully compiled it, and I have it running.
I was wondering if it is possible to enable a few things in MC-Server, maybe via plugins? Mobs, TNT, Redstone, and Game Modes are a few that I would like. Also, how exactly do I enable plugins? I am very new to Linux.
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Hi.
Mobs are built in, but disabled by default, because they're buggy and may crash the server. TNT is not implemented. Redstone has a partial support, with wires, torches, repeaters and pistons working. Switches and buttons etc don't work yet.
Game modes are working, switch between them using "/gm <number>" command.
As far as I know, there are no plugins that would implement the missing stuff.
To use any plugin, download it and unzip it into the Plugins folder. Then, the easiest way to enable them is to use the webadmin interface. Alternatively, edit the settings.ini file, [Plugins] section.
Thanks given by:
if you can't use /gm (0/1) you may need to give yourself permission in the users.ini
Thanks given by: