Building script
Why don't you learn InnoSetup instead, so that you could make an automated install altogether? Smile
Thanks given by:
uhm wat is that? is it an installer becouse i installed that program thinking you could make .msi or .exe files with it, but i had to put some text in it :O.
Thanks given by:
InnoSetup is a program that makes installers for other programs. It is fully scriptable and configurable, that's why you enter text into it.
There should be some kind of a wizard (maybe installed separately) that will get you started with a basic installation fast, but the details will probably still need to be written by hand.

You should be pretty familiar with the syntax - it uses an INI file to define the installation. Only if you need advanced stuff, you can write some Object-Pascal code to achieve that.

The company I used to work for before used InnoSetup to make the end-user installation packages, we were really surprised at how easy and how configurable that thing is Smile
Thanks given by:
ok Smile and what kind of installer should i make then? one that installs tortoisesvn and Microsoft visual c++ express or only my download&build.bat ?
Thanks given by:
No, I was thinking an installer for MCServer. So that anyone can download a single EXE, run that and have MCServer installed and configured.
Thanks given by:
uhm maybe is it possible to let the installer run a configuration.bat after the installation. il see what i can do. Smile
Thanks given by:
Anywho.. yeah innosetup is great but..
Why would mcserver even need that its not like you need a brain to set it up.

Yeah perhaps to compile it but other then it it comes ready to go out of the box pretty much right ?
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2012, 06:46 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Yeah perhaps to compile it
not anymore thanks to my script i hope Smile
Thanks given by:
Well just compiling isnt the problem.
I mean when there's a error and they don't know anything about c++

Or even installing/obtaining the right tools to compile it.
when there are no errors and you got the tools it takes everybody 2 button presses. 1 to open vc 1 to compile
Even though if im right you can right click and press build.
Thanks given by:
Finished itBig Grin
http://www.mediafire.com/?sig5hoz9nuw26eu

(11-19-2012, 07:27 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Well just compiling isnt the problem.
I mean when there's a error and they don't know anything about c++

Or even installing/obtaining the right tools to compile it.
when there are no errors and you got the tools it takes everybody 2 button presses. 1 to open vc 1 to compile
Even though if im right you can right click and press build.

on page one of this thread you see what you need and where you need to install it Smile
Thanks given by: