Configuration Protocol
I have gotten MCServer for Android working but I can't configure it.
I tried connecting to "http://192.168.1.54:8081/webadmin" (my phones IP) but nothing shows up.
How can I configure the server from my browser?
Can It be done?
Thanks given by:
maybe the port was different. look into the webadmin.ini to see the port.
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 01:05 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: maybe the port was different. look into the webadmin.ini to see the port.
Where is that file located?
Thanks given by:
Quote:How can I configure the server from my browser?
Using webadmin. I'm not sure if all settings are accessable from webadmin, though...
Anyway, looks like your webadmin isn't enabled yet (could be that it's "off" by default, which I found weird, to be honest).

How do you enable webadmin for your ultra-portable-yet-fully-(in-terms-of-MCS)-functional server?
That's how you do it:
  1. Using any text editor of your choise, create a webadmin.ini file with following:
    Code:
    [WebAdmin]
    Enabled=1
    Port=8081

[User:SoapChicken]
    Password=nuggets
    And don't forget to save it!
  2. Go to your android device's file system. You're looking for /sdcard/mcserver folder. You're in the right place if you're starring at settings.ini
  3. Place your unique-beloved-craftsman-hand-crafted webadmin.ini there, right next to settings.ini!
  4. Now launch your MCServer and connect to it (no need for /webadmin, BTW) using username: SoapChicken, password: nuggets.
  5. Behold the magnificence!
Thanks given by:
I think you need to connect to 8080 but then you still can't configure the server because it requires the Core plug in for that
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 01:16 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote:
Using webadmin. I'm not sure if all settings are accessable from webadmin, though...
Anyway, looks like your webadmin isn't enabled yet (could be that it's "off" by default, which I found weird, to be honest).

How do you enable webadmin for your ultra-portable-yet-fully-(in-terms-of-MCS)-functional server?
That's how you do it:
  1. Using any text editor of your choise, create a webadmin.ini file with following:
    [code=ini][WebAdmin]
    Enabled=1
    Port=8081

Password=nuggets[/code]
  2. Go to your android device's file system. You're looking for /sdcard/mcserver folder. You're in the right place if you're starring at settings.ini
  3. Place your unique-beloved-craftsman-hand-crafted webadmin.ini there, right next to settings.ini!
  4. Now launch your MCServer and connect to it (no need for /webadmin, BTW) using username: SoapChicken, password: nuggets.

Thanks!
What do I do after I log in?
It's a blank screen, or is it supposed to be like that?
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 01:25 AM)SoapChicken Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 01:16 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote:

That's how you do it:
    [code=ini][WebAdmin]
    Enabled=1
    Port=8081

Password=nuggets[/code]

Thanks!
What do I do after I log in?
It's a blank screen, or is it supposed to be like that?

you need to place the core plugin in the <root>/plugins folder
Thanks given by:
Quote:you need to place the core plugin in the <root>/plugins folder
aaaand enable it in settings.ini.

This is what you need:
Code:
[Plugins]
Plugin=Core
Thanks given by:
Dear god, why did we do that so freaking difficult?Tongue
Thanks given by:
WebAdmin is enabled by default for Android