VS 2012
Good evening,

I'm just curious if anyone has been able to successfully compile MC-Server in Visual Studio 2012. I get a few errors when I try. I.e MC-Server not compatible and cannot open winsock2.h.

Thanks for any help you may provide and for your time.
Thanks given by:
What edition are you using? From what I've gathered, Express edition of VS 2012 cannot build desktop-style apps (which MCServer is), but only Metro-style apps.

Also, since VS2012 cannot build binaries that would run on WinXP, and WinXP is still a very popular OS, we're not about to migrate just yet Smile
Thanks given by: duckem
I was able to compile it using VS2012. It gives out a few warnings, and it complains about the link file is not the same as the output file, so you won't be able to debug it without fixing that first.
Thanks given by: duckem
VS2010 complained about mismatched filenames, too, but it allowd for normal debugging. So VS2012 has removed even that? Is it just me, or is MS going back technologically? VS2008 seems the peak - it's fast and feature-full. VS2010 is slow, now VS2012 is slow and feature-less.
Thanks given by:
(12-14-2012, 01:35 PM)keyboard Wrote: I was able to compile it using VS2012. It gives out a few warnings, and it complains about the link file is not the same as the output file, so you won't be able to debug it without fixing that first.
Eh, I'll figure something out.

thanks.
Thanks given by: