iOS Port
I was thinking of maybe porting MC-Server to iOS and I was wondering if I could post the binaries on my website/repo and maintain them myself. I would give credit to MC-Server of course but I just want to get the author's blessing first.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't the iOS enforce the users only to install from the AppStore? So what good is hosting the binaries elsewhere? I know, jailbreaking, but is there a way to get the server to run on iOS "legitimately"?

I'd say, commit the sources needed for iOS compilation directly into the main MCServer SVN repository, and set up a build script that can produce binaries automatically / upon request. That's how I do it with the windows nightlies; Android sources are in the SVN, too.
Thanks given by:
Probably not, but maybe if you explain why? :/
Thanks given by:
It would install through Cydia and could be run via command line. I *highly* doubt that the Appstore would accept ever it and even then, I would need to create a GUI.

I was just wondering if I could do this because it might be a fun thing for people to play around with on their iDevice. I could commit my compile script the the SVN here, but for ease of access I was wondering if I could host the binaries on Cydia so people didn't have to compile. (I would try to keep them up-to-date)
Thanks given by:
That's not what you wrote in your first post
Quote:post the binaries on my website/repo and maintain them myself
Unless Cydia is your websiteTongue

I could easily add MCServer to the Android app market (it's much easier than Apple's appstore) but I still don't think MCServer is stable enough for doing something like that.

I encourage you to upload any changes you make to get it to run on iOS to the official SVN. I won't stop you from uploading the binaries to Cydia.
Thanks given by:
OK Sounds good.

To clarify, a person/company can create a repository that is designed to be added via the Cydia app. It is not the appstore where it is accept/reject it is more like apt-get on unix except with a GUI.
Thanks given by: