[Solved] Starting MCServer on the RasPi
Lightbulb 
Hi !

I'm using a Raspberry Pi and I'm trying to run the MCServer on it. I downloaded the source files of MCServer and compiled it using
Code:
make release=1
I looks like it worked, but now I have a problem. I'm a noob linux user and I want to run this executable in the console, but I don't know how :/ Double clicking the file in a window seems to only run it and then nothing more happens. I tried to execute it in a terminal using
Code:
screen MCServer
but it either tells me that there's no such file/directory, or that I don't have permission, even if I use it with sudo.
Can someone tell me how to launch it in this way ?

By double clicking the executable, the server seems to work but also to be out of date : actual Minecraft version is 1.4.6, and the server is 1.4.2, so I can't test it.
Thanks given by:
Use the following command in Console to go to your MCServer folder:

cd /way/to/the/folder/MCServer

then run

screen ./MCServer

Make sure, screen is installed.

Greetings
Thanks given by: Protectator
There is a MCServer folder next to the source and VC2008 folders. You need to cd into that folder and then run screen ./MCServer . note the dot and slash in front of MCServer, that is needed, linux...
hope that helps. sorry for brevity, my only inet connection isfrom my Kindle and its keyboard sux.
Thanks for your answers !

I tried a few more times, but what you told me is what I already tried. Here's a few screenshots of what happens :

At start I tried to run it from the first folder :
[Image: fJAcd.png]

But the only thing it does is to clear the console and to tell me I don't have the right to do it : [Image: zCNxm.png]
(Yeah, I'm using my raspi in french, "Permission non accordée" means "Not granted permission". And it's the same when I launch it using sudo)

But it seems like, as you said, I was doing it wrong, so I opened the MCServer folder to try to run it from here, but there's another problem :
[Image: HtaQc.png]
When I launch screen, the console goes all black for ~2seconds, seems to display a message at the end but I'm totally unable to read it, it seems like it only keeps on screen during 1 frame, and then the console is cleared again, the message "[screen is terminating]" appears and I'm here again. If at least I could read the supposed error message it tries to show me... but I don't know what to do, here.
Thanks given by:
chmod the file, to have execution rights Smile.
Had the same problem Smile
Still the same Sad

[Image: 9hJv7.png]

and

[Image: xouNc.png] during the execution.
Thanks given by:
your in the wrong directory again. dont forget to enter the MCServer directory :p.
when in trunk enter MCServer chmod the MCServer file and screen ./MCServer it Smile
Thumbs Up 
Yeah, you were right, it works now ! Awesome, thanks all !Big Grin

Do you have an idea if it will be updated to 1.4.6 ? Now I just want to try it out haha Smile
Thanks given by:
xoft is working on it Smile https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...56#pid5756
Thanks given by: