World folder
Basically, yesterday, my world file became corrupt - made the server randomly crash and made it freeze up. Anyone have any ideas why this could have happened/if i can fix it?

My mappers are pretty pissed due to losing quite a lot of stuff... Sad
Thanks given by:
IF a world file becomes corrupt, the server should detect this and simply generate it again afaik. I'll do some testing...
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2011, 07:28 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: IF a world file becomes corrupt, the server should detect this and simply generate it again afaik. I'll do some testing...

Full symptoms:
-boot server, join the game
- /help command works
- no commands work, no chat and the server locks up
- if you try to rejoin you wil get stuck on "Logging in"

then to quit the server you have to ctrl + C
Thanks given by:
Just did some testing, it seems it's possible to fuck shit up. I should do some checking if the data is valid, and I think a checksum would easily detect corruption. Will change the save format though Sad so I'll have to write a converter, oh noesz
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2011, 09:21 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Just did some testing, it seems it's possible to fuck shit up. I should do some checking if the data is valid, and I think a checksum would easily detect corruption. Will change the save format though Sad so I'll have to write a converter, oh noesz

Oh noes! But im guessing there isnt a way to get my map back up and running unless i know exactly what files screwed up?
Thanks given by:
When I add chunk validation it will be found of course. But right now there's no way Sad
Thanks given by:
as long as its possible at some point Smile
Thanks given by:
My world files gone corrupt..... again... this is the third time Undecided what could be causing it?
Thanks given by:
I don't know? Server crash during saving, plugins, bad hard disk.. don't know.
Thanks given by:
lol could be crashing the server while saving.. not sure though :p upgrading my vps next month though and will be moving node, so that will narrow down the problem slightly lol Smile
Thanks given by: