Authentication server/database
I'm making this authenticator thing which, when a player logs in and.. bla bla bla... forgot what i was gonna say so i'll just describe it! Smile

Basically when someone goes on the server it uses the authentication in settings.ini to contact a database. Players can register their nickname on a website and disable (or enable) themselves from logging in - perfect for people who dont want to use the default minecraft authentication server but want some kind of protection against people with 'naughty' copies of minecraftTongue

Its very very basic at the moment and when its a bit better i might post the code for you guysTongue

Register your name here:
http://s1.the-jteam.co.uk/minecraft/login.php
and you can see it in action on my server:
205.185.126.138:25566
OR change your settings.ini authentication to this:

[Authentication]
Server=205.185.126.138
Address=/minecraft/checker.php?user=%USERNAME%&serverid=%SERVERID%
Authenticate=1

and for anyone freaking out about the password box, I made it store passwords in md5 hash so chill out Cool

Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think Smile

Knowing me I've probably forgotten to include a few things in this post so if something is missing that you think i should have said about bugs or features or anything, let me know Rolleyes

catch ya all laterBig Grin

EDIT: oh yeah, theres a thing i havent sorted out yet with the sessions, if you try and refresh any page or whatever after you've logged in it decides you arent allowed to be logged in anymore and you have to log in again, but its not a HUMONGOUS problem right now so i'll fix that when i get home tonight!

ONE MORE THING! you need to make sure your server name/id is set to "-" without quote marks to disable client authentication!
Thanks given by:
Sorry if anyones tried to have a look at this and hasnt been able to - looks like i had downtime to my minecraft server. Back up now Smile
Thanks given by: