New AI for Mobs
So Im in the middle of the Component Rewrite right now, however I have run into a bit of a snag. For some reason, the Bindings.cpp file if failing to compile, even though I set up the new Monster.h to have the same lua binding. The binding that it is catching on exist.

Could someone rebuild the bindings on the ComponentRewrite branch for me? My computer won't let me install tolua++...
Thanks given by:
I thought that we weren't using tolua++ anymore to generate the bindings. I might be wrong though.
Thanks given by:
The Bindings.cpp file is no longer in the git repo, you need to generate it yourself, there's no way anyone can generate it for you.
If you have Lua installed, you can use the $/src/Bindings/AllToLua_Lua.bat file to generate the bindings (you will need to adapt it for your platform, it basically executes a single shell command). Otherwise cmake will try to compile tolua++ and generate the bindings for you. Usually deleting the Bindings.cpp file and then running cmake will regenerate the file.
Thanks given by:
@STR we're still using tolua++. We can use either the executable, which is compiled by cmake, or a pure-lua implementation if there's a system Lua interpreter available.
Thanks given by:
I deleted the Bindings.cpp file, and the compilation process failed claiming it couldn't find Bindings.cpp. I'm gonna see if I can get lua up and running again.

Got lua, but I can't build tolua++. What version of lua is everyone using?
Thanks given by:
I'm using Lua v5.1.
Thanks given by:
Did you run cmake after deleting the file? You need to run cmake first, then make / whatever IDE you use.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I did. Didn't change anything.
Thanks given by:
Okay, so if you run cmake, do you get any error messages? And if not, what are the error messages you get later on when compiling?
Thanks given by:
I got it tolua++ working. However, I had to temporarily remove all of the 'override' modifiers that we're being placed on functions to get it to work. Weird.

The only error that I was getting was that it couldn't find the Bindings.cpp file.
Thanks given by: