rev 1293
Please try rev 1310. I'm only interested if the "1 GiB limit" triggers in this case, no need to wait for the actual memdump data, just kill it when it starts dumping. (Best to kill by Shift+F5 from VS)
Thanks given by:
Cool, testing

Interesting, now it goes straight to dump on "[1cc0|10:29:31] Preparing spawn area in world "world"..." before I even connect a client.

I can try raising the level to 1.5 gb.
Thanks given by:
Ah, stupid me, I added the housekeeping costs in the "allocate" part, but not in the "free" part. Sorry, I'll fix the code asap.

Rev 1311 is ready for your testing Wink

I have a feeling that this issue is MSVC 2012's fault. Its STL probably uses a different allocation scheme for vectors - each vector created allocates something small off the heap. With MCServer using thousands of vectors simultaneously (16 per chunk for each fluid simulator), this allocation will very soon overwhelm the leakfinder.
Thanks given by:
Cool, now i was able to hit the 1gb mark when connecting a client. It's dumping right now Smile Yeah, just like you said, I am beginning to think that it's VC2012 issue. I tried compiling it with WinXP compatibility, but it still gave the issue. So I can try to get the VC2010 compiler and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT:

It finished the dump. Attached are the totals and the .dot file.

Here is the link for the full memory dump:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ht891iubiz756u6

Attached Files
.zip   memdump_totals.zip (Size: 85.52 KB / Downloads: 218)
Thanks given by:
I've tweaked the LeakFinder to use less housekeeping info, so I suppose you should be able to use rev 1314 for debugging under VS2012, but it still will eat a LOT of memory. I think downloading VS2010, or even better, VS2008, is a better option.

Heck, even FakeTruth reverted to VS2008 Express after finding out just how fast it is Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i'll probably end up doing that. I am downloading the 7.1 SDK which should have the 2010 compiler.

One question, for our builds, we are using VS2010 compiler, right?
Thanks given by:
I'm using VC2008 Express; afaik FakeTruth is using that one as well. STR_Warrior said something about using VC2010.
Thanks given by:
i'm also using VC2008 Wink
Thanks given by:
Downloading visual studio 2008.... (it's good to have an MSDN subscription! Smile)

Cool, the error went away compiling with visual studio 2008 tool set in Visual Studio 2012. However, I am seeing that it is dumping the memory on shutdown. I tracked down the problem to g_CurrentMemUsage being underflow. I'm not sure why it is deleting more than it is adding.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I also get the dump when shutting down the server compiled with just visual studio 2008.
Thanks given by: