Bearbin's Plugin Development List
Here is the list of all of my plugins of all varieties: in development, finished and planned. Please suggest any new plugins or improvements.

Finished:

In Development:

Planned:
  • IRC Link
  • Stats

Possible Plugins (tell me if you're doing one of these):
  • Hunger Games
  • Simple Protection (like worldguard)
  • FishBans Checker
  • Plugin Tools

Please suggest any plugins that you think would be good for MCServer.
Thanks given by:
I guess a Hunger Games plugin would attract allot of people.
Thanks given by:
I haven't actually visited a hunger games server: are the plugins basically:

ranks
starting mechanics
spectators
map regeneration?
Thanks given by:
i don't know what you mean with ranks but for everything else yea.
  • A player chooses an arena.
  • the people spawn somewhere.
  • they have 30 seconds to gather stuff from the spawn.
  • after the 30 seconds they can attack each other.
  • once one is left he wins.
  • broken leaves should be replaced and chest's should be refilled.
Other info:
  • people are only able to break leaves.
here is a video of a survival games match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inIvS3YK9W8
Thanks given by:
Ok, sounds cool. I'll add it to a list of possible plugins.
Thanks given by:
I might have a plugin idea, too. This is more of an after-grief salvage type of plugin Wink
It would be nice to have the possibility to remove certain blocks (esp. lava and water) globally from the world, based on the block's height. For example, "remove all water where Y > 62".
Since MCServer won't allow you to process the entire world, at least the possibility to apply to all loaded chunks or all chunks that are seen by the commanding player.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 06:00 AM)bearbin Wrote: Ok, sounds cool. I'll add it to a list of possible plugins.
If you do a Hunger games plugin and a protection plugin you will make MCServer much better.
BearsHome looks good, I want a home plugin.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:29 PM)xoft Wrote: I might have a plugin idea, too. This is more of an after-grief salvage type of plugin Wink
It would be nice to have the possibility to remove certain blocks (esp. lava and water) globally from the world, based on the block's height. For example, "remove all water where Y > 62".
Since MCServer won't allow you to process the entire world, at least the possibility to apply to all loaded chunks or all chunks that are seen by the commanding player.

It seems quite good. The code in ChunkWorks should be a good place to start with Smile
Thanks given by:
Well, not really, because ChunkWorx works with chunks being generated, while this plugin will work with already present chunks.

I think the best course of action would be to do this in incremental steps. First step would be to define a fixed-size area (50x50 blocks in XZ) for which the action will be applied; use cBlockArea for the actual work. Then in next iteration you could make it work across all loaded chunks (although I'm not sure if the API is strong enough for this).
Thanks given by:
Don't you mean a command like /drain i seen it in more mc servers being used.
It would drain all water or lava at the position your near/ or in.
Thanks given by: