Bugtracker Changes
I would like to suggest 2 changes to the Bugtracker: permissions changes and importance guidelines.

Permissions changes:

Allow users to edit their own tasks and comments.

Importance Guidelines:

Critical:
  • Crash Bugs
  • Game-Breaking (ie inable to use plugins or break blocks) Bugs
  • Freezing Bugs
  • Major broken feature (plugin api hooks, creative mode inv etc)

High:
  • Broken implemented feature.
  • Exploits (eg can get permissions or dupe diamonds).

Medium:
  • Unimplemented feature requests.
  • General Bugs

Low:
  • Very minor bugs.
  • Feature requests. (eg configuration, new worldgen)

Very Low:
  • Minor feature requests.
Thanks given by:
The FlySpray software used for bugtracking is not developed by us, I'm not sure if changing it to allow your permission changes is even possible. It's FakeTruth's hosting, so he should know best, and eventually, it's his call.
As for the guidelines, this makes sense, but I don't think it's necessary to process all the old issues to match this, that would be too much work with not much gain, even some loss - we'd lose the real date of last change (which is a good sort parameter now Wink )
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just guidelines for new issues.
Thanks given by:
I allowed people to change their own comments.

I will not allow all people to change their own task, only developers can do such a thing.
This is because as soon as a person submits a task, they are no longer responsible for it, the developers decide what is going to happen with it.

First the developer decides whether to accept the task (Unconfirmed -> New/Assigned/Etc.)
Then the developer uses his own judgement to set the priority/severity and all other parameters for the task and perhaps clean up the description.

You cannot expect a non-developer to have a clue what the priority/severity for a task is. If anybody can change their own task, they never really "submitted" it, also they can keep changing the priority to high if they personally think it's important - which would be really annoying.

Personally I'm not even sure if editing comments is a good idea because it makes the history of comments unclear when an old comment is edited...
Thanks given by:
As a user, I'd expect to have the ability to edit my own task, because I might have made a typo or some similar mistake and want to fix that. Of course it can be abused, but almost any system can; it's ultimately up to us, devs, if we feel someone is abusing the system too much, we may just ignore that personTongue
Thanks given by: