Crash when digging
in the latest version of MCServer, with PickupFix, there is a crash when you dig.
Error:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): vector::_M_range_check
Aborted
Thanks given by:
I have no idea whats wrong so i'l provide the plugin that is cousing it:

Attached Files
.zip   PickupFix.zip (Size: 609 bytes / Downloads: 262)
Thanks given by:
Could you try and follow the crash reporting guide? Without any more information, I can't really do much.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 04:52 AM)xoft Wrote: Could you try and follow the crash reporting guide? Without any more information, I can't really do much.
I thing is a problem with the plugin, because without it the crash doesn't happen.

I found some pages talking about this error: UbuntuForums
http://bytes.com/topic/c/answers/637476-...t_of_range
Maybe it can help you to fix the error.
Thanks given by:
To fix the error I'd need a crashdump, so that I can see which one of the 151862 lines of code is the troublemaker.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 05:16 AM)xoft Wrote: To fix the error I'd need a crashdump, so that I can see which one of the 151862 lines of code is the troublemaker.
Ok, when I can I will upload it, but it's height is 166 mbConfused
Thanks given by:
compress it - 7zip is your friend.
Don't forget I need the executable as well.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 05:45 AM)xoft Wrote: Don't forget I need the executable as well.

and all the .pdb files right? Wink or is that different with linux?
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 05:45 AM)xoft Wrote: compress it - 7zip is your friend.
Don't forget I need the executable as well.
I'm on centos so I will use gzip. How is possible to find an error in 116mb of code?
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 05:47 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: and all the .pdb files right? Wink or is that different with linux?
Linux packs all the PDB files' contents into the executable (so the "exe" for Linux is huge - I think about 30 MiB). One can also strip the information altogether, then the "exe" is smaller but the debugging info is lost.

(05-10-2013, 05:58 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: How is possible to find an error in 116mb of code?

The crashdump contains a complete snapshot of the server's memory, including what instructions were just being executed. So usually I can see "I called function A, that called function B with these parameters, which called function C with these parameters, which .... which called function Z that crashed".

If you did the post-mortem analysis, using the gdb and its bt command, that's exactly what I'm doing.

So then I know to focus my attention to that chain of function calls, and coupled with the error message, I can usually figure out what's going on. The more difficult part is determining, why it's going on Wink
Thanks given by: