Can't start Linux binary
Attempting to run on Squeeze.
Code:
tim@saturn:~/MCServer$ chmod +x MCServer
tim@saturn:~/MCServer$ ./MCServer
-bash: ./MCServer: cannot execute binary file
Haven't had this problem before. Compiling from source would be nice, wink wink hint hint :V
Thanks given by:
chmod 755 MCServer
?
Don't know if it would work but just a thought Smile

The main reason i posted is because you have an epic name Wink however my friend used to have a tortoise called timmy but it died this year after coming out of hibernation Sad
Thanks given by:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 tim tim  916395 2011-04-01 13:01 MCServer
chmod +x adds executable for UGO and it already had read and write for O and read for UG. Definitely not a permissions issue :\ I'm thinking it's a problem somewhere in compiling.

And that sucks about the tortoise. My name is actually because of the band Tortoise though :V
Thanks given by:
I haven't got round to upgrading my MCServer yet, but I'll let you know if i have any issues when I do as I'll be using the linux build too, however I'm using a ubuntu distribution.
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2011, 07:11 AM)Tim Wrote: I haven't got round to upgrading my MCServer yet, but I'll let you know if i have any issues when I do as I'll be using the linux build too, however I'm using a ubuntu distribution.

same problem @u10.10 and r175

problem fixed: winetricks vcrun2010 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
64 or 32 bit Linux?

If you use wine, doesn't that mean you're using the windows binary?
Thanks given by:
32 bit.
Code:
tim@saturn:~/MCServer$ uname -r
2.6.26-2-686
Thanks given by:
This time I compiled it under 64bit Linux, so that might be the reason why it won't startTongue I'll see what I can do...
Thanks given by:
Much appreciated!
Thanks given by:
Any word on this? I'd like to be able to start working on plugins :V
Thanks given by: