For all these son of a bit**
Stoop!
Thanks given by:
We need an extra mod or something who can delete those accounts
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 03:29 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: We need an extra mod or something who can delete those accounts
You're right, maybe you and me, we're active
Thanks given by:
Active? me ;O the forum only says that i'm 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 19 Hours, 31 Minutes, 32 Seconds online in total Wink
Thanks given by:
It also says "posting freak" Wink

We need an IP-ban, too

And a semi-automatic ban for people that start more than 4 threads within half an hour. You'd have to do something to prove your human interaction - solve a captcha, or a riddle, whatever.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately Capcha's don't seem to stop spambots anymore nowadays.
It's ironic how google provides capcha's, but also tools to convert visual data into text.
Thanks given by:
I quite liked the idea of having to solve a riddle. For example, the page said "two plus three" and expected "5" as the input. That should still be effective enough.

Still a few spammers left, my phone is still beeping like crazyTongue
Thanks given by:
You already need to solve riddles like those when registering, doesn't stop them xD
Thanks given by:
Thats because the riddles are too simple and something any bot can be programmed to understand. You need something that most PEOPLE will understand but a bot would have a hard time understanding this is more often then not simply done by making questions related to the content of your site. I run a forum for staff of a MLP convention, bots were a huge problem with stupip silly squiggly letters so it was my job to come up with a way to make them stop.

I decided to use questions, since its MLP i used the following.

Q:Which pony is the main character of the first and second episodes, "Mare in the Moon" and "Friendship is Magic"?
A:Twilight Sparkle

Q:In the episode "Lesson Zero", Twilight is almost late for a friendship report, and fears Princess Celestia will send her somewhere if she is tardy. Where does she think she will be sent to?
A:Magic Kindergarten

Q:True or False. Fluttershy lives in Cloudsdale, a city in the sky, with Rainbow Dash.
A:False

Q:In the episode "Boast Busters", what creature comes to Ponyville to wreak havoc because Snips and Snails awoke it?
A:Ursa Minor

Q:Who provides the voice of Twilight Sparkle?
A:Tara Strong

The server would select one of these at random during registration. They made perfect sense to actual people who understood the question and knew the content but to a random bot they made no sense and it was unable to reply. Happy to report there have been no bot accounts on the site for over a year. I would recommend you guys do something similar
Thanks given by:
So like none of the above i would be able to answer..
Sure hope no forum is ever going to use it Sad.
Thanks given by: