New minecraft version. (1.15)
I've updated ProtoProxy to 1.7.2 protocol. Yuck, that was a terrible amount of dirty workTongue But now I can say that I'm familiar with the protocol and can finally start implementing it in MCS.
Thanks given by:
I now have a working protocol recognizer that can distinguish between 1.7 and previous versions. It is somewhat wacky, it might have some problems with 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 clients, but I don't really care about those anymore.

I'm starting work on the raw protocol handler now.
Thanks given by:
Yay, after you finish uno point siete, will you remove all the old protocols?
Thanks given by:
Don't you want a server that can accept every client between 1.2 and 1.7?Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-31-2013, 11:55 PM)bearbin Wrote: Don't you want a server that can accept every client between 1.2 and 1.7?Tongue

Thing is though, no one is on 1.2, so having multi-protocol support is kinda useless.Confusedhy:
Thanks given by:
You could drop 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 protocol support but if you do keep 1.5 and 1.6
Thanks given by:
Dropping 1.2 to 1.4 and keeping 1.5+ would be tricky, because each of those protocols effectively inherits from the previous ones, so the inherited stuff would need to be moved to higher protocols; that would be too much work. A much easier solution is to wait for 1.8 or 1.9, then cut off all pre-1.7 protocols at once - there's no inheritance between 1.6 and 1.7.
Thanks given by:
Why not cut them off now? No one will be using anything older once you get 1.7 done Smile
Thanks given by:
Until I finish 1.7, I can't cut the older ones off - if I want to test stuff out, I want to be able to connect. So I still have to write a recognizer anyway; once it's there, there's no point in losing it.
Thanks given by:
1.7.3 comming soon: https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/40...4795336704
Thanks given by: