Countdown
If you are using Windows XP you have to use 2008. If you have an higher windows version then you could use 2013 if you want. If cmake works (we had/have some problems) then you could also use 2010.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2014, 09:22 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: If you are using Windows XP you have to use 2008. If you have an higher windows version then you could use 2013 if you want. If cmake works (we had/have some problems) then you could also use 2010.

So only download Visual Studio 2013 Express?
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2014, 10:38 PM)daniel0916 Wrote: So only download Visual Studio 2013 Express?

Sure
Thanks given by:
I tried VS2010 with CMake, and it also works, and it runs on XP, so whatever you want. There are links for VS2008 and VS2013 (both Express) in the COMPILING file: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/bl...MPILING.md

I think you should read the COMPILING file, it will provide you with most answers; if there's a question left unanswered, then it's a good candidate for addition to that file, so keep asking Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks VB 2013 is working perfectly Smile.

Code:
a_Player->SendMessage(a_Item->m_ItemType + "");
Send a empty message.. but how can get the item? So i can check which item it is?

And Visual Studio make after the compiling a error when starting it. But when i start the mcserver_debug.exe in the folder the build work.
Visual Studio says: Can't start the program "C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\GitHub\MCServer\Debug\ALL_BUILD".
The system can't find this file.
Thanks given by:
You need to right-click the MCServer project in the Solution Explorer and select Set as startup project; then running from VS will work.

Currently the easiest way to convert from a number to a string is by using the Printf() function:
a_Player->SendMessage(Printf("ItemType: %d", a_Item->m_ItemType));
The first parameter to Printf() is the formatting string; every %-prefixed item will get replaced with the next parameter in queue. The formatting sequences follow the standard C printf() function- %d for signed integer, %u for unsigned integer, %x for hexadecimal, %f for floating point, %s for string. Have a look at the docs here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/printf/
Thanks given by:
(01-19-2014, 04:25 AM)xoft Wrote: You need to right-click the MCServer project in the Solution Explorer and select Set as startup project; then running from VS will work.
I didn't find Set.

(01-19-2014, 04:25 AM)xoft Wrote: Currently the easiest way to convert from a number to a string is by using the Printf() function:
a_Player->SendMessage(Printf("ItemType: %d", a_Item->m_ItemType));
Thanks.

Edit:
How can i get from a player the entity? because i need cEntity.
Code:
a_Player->GetEntityType
Don't work.
Edit2: EntityType can't work.. hmm
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I have only VS2008, so can't help you. Perhaps tigerw can.

Any cPlayer object *is* a cEntity, so you can use all the functions in cEntity on those objects. So you can do
a_Player->GetLookVector()
Even if the GetLookVector() is a function in cEntity - the cPlayer inherits them all.
Thanks given by:
I saw that i can give a player a poison effect but he don't become damage and the poison don't go away after the time. Is only the hunger effect implemented?
Thanks given by:
Non of the effects are actualy working. You can send them to a client so the client thinks an entity has an potion effect, but it doesn't do anything.
Thanks given by: