Cuberite Forum redesign
When is the forum being transfered?
Thanks given by:
No idea. Xoft, can you host the forum? You could just backup the database in the admin cp and import it.
Thanks given by:
I guess I could do that, but my hosting will most likely not support https, ever.
Thanks given by:
If we wait for letsencrypt, we could get an ssl cert for free

EDIT: I did not read your post properly @xoft
Thanks given by:
I would host it. I have a VPS idling around, which we could use
Thanks given by:
I just found Cuberite today and may I say: god yes, please. The forum looks ok, but it doesn't fit with the main site (http://cuberite.org) at all. Isn't it an option to theme it to that, and maybe even change the header for the on on the main site? At least add a direct link to the forum, so we don't have to click on "Support".
Thanks given by:
Apparently, the dilemma is that since the creation of these forums, its version of MyBB became aged and eventually outdated. Modern themes used newer versions, but newer versions of MyBB supposedly do not support old database files so all forum posts would be lost. Feel free to correct me, I'm not really 100% sure on what's up either.
Thanks given by:
Make a reference to the old forum and start using a new engine now.
Thanks given by:
+1 to that DrMasik. Just make this forum read-only or something, link it, and start with a new forum.
Thanks given by:
(11-19-2015, 08:30 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: Apparently, the dilemma is that since the creation of these forums, its version of MyBB became aged and eventually outdated. Modern themes used newer versions, but newer versions of MyBB supposedly do not support old database files so all forum posts would be lost. Feel free to correct me, I'm not really 100% sure on what's up either.
Surely there must be some way to convert the database. Does anyone know which version of MyBB this forum is running?
Thanks given by: