Change Villager's name
What Minecraft version are you using? Could you try an older version? Perhaps it's a problem in the protocol code of Cuberite.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2018, 04:20 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: What Minecraft version are you using? Could you try an older version? Perhaps it's a problem in the protocol code of Cuberite.

I'm using Minecraft 1.12.2,haven't tried with lower version.

EDIT: Found the problem. In my text editor's font `v` and `V` look the same and I've tried to get VilName's value from vilName.

I'm sorry for being bad at asking, but I thank you for wasting your time with me.
Thanks given by:
That still sounds like a bug. If it's a typo then the variable 'VilName' is probably nil which should've been reported in the console.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2018, 09:47 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: That still sounds like a bug. If it's a typo then the variable 'VilName' is probably nil which should've been reported in the console.

Hmmm... It wasn't reported, otherwise I'd probably notice the problem sooner.

Also, I'm having another problem rn, I'm setting Villager's name to "§l§6Villager", but it shows up as a "Villager  " with trailing spaces in the background box at the end.
Thanks given by:
Probably some UTF-8 failure, check in another editor if your source code is properly encoded in UTF-8.
Thanks given by:
Could you try the cChatColor properties or the more advanced cCompositeChat class?
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2018, 01:22 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Could you try the cChatColor properties or the more advanced cCompositeChat class?

I tried both of them, but neither worked as expected.

@xoft my UTF-8 encoding is fine, nothing seems out of order.
Thanks given by:
Try starting the server with "--log-comm" parameter, it will create a detailed log of everything sent and received over the network (one file per client connection, in the CommLogs subfolder), then connect with the client and try to replicate the issue. Post the resulting log file here; you can inspect it for yourself, it should contain the string you're setting as the name.
Thanks given by: