Client for Cuberite
Hello,

I am still a newbie and of course I have problems accessing the server. ;o)
The server runs on my Raspbian without any problems, but I get the following error message if I want to access port 25565 with another computer:

Client "::ffff:192.xxx.xxx.xx" uses an unsupported protocol (lengthed, initial packet 69)

I can access the admin area Port 8080 without any problems.

Of course I didn't notice that also need a client. Here I installed the Java Client (Vanilla) from Minecraft on another computer (Linux Mint). I can install and start the client without any problems, but I don't know how to set it up to access the Cuberite server.

Can anyone help me? Is there a guide for a client using Cuberite? This is not described in the Cuberite manual. I would like to use the server currently only in the Intranet.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

What Minecraft version are you using? The supported versions are logged in console when Cuberite starts.
Thanks given by: Darrickduh
(02-18-2019, 05:28 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hi,

What Minecraft version are you using? The supported versions are logged in console when Cuberite starts.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I had see, that the version from minecraft launcher is too high: 2.1.1431
I can used according to cuberite only version 1.8.x to 1.12.x.
Can you tell me, where i can download the right version?
Thanks given by:
That's the version of the launcher, not Minecraft. It's probably using the latest version of Minecraft (1.13 I believe) which Cuberite doesn't support yet. You can change the Minecraft version in the launcher.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2019, 09:29 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: That's the version of the launcher, not Minecraft. It's probably using the latest version of Minecraft (1.13 I believe) which Cuberite doesn't support yet. You can change the Minecraft version in the launcher.

Thank you for your tips. I haven't managed to log in with the client yet. I will contact you again.
Thanks given by:
If you haven't purchased Minecraft you also have to disable Authentication in the settings.ini.
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2019, 08:00 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: If you haven't purchased Minecraft you also have to disable Authentication in the settings.ini.

Thanks, I already did that. 
But I have another problem. I can't find the settings for the server (IP address etc.) in the launcher. I had read that should go through the multiplayer here. I don't have such an option. I can select a profile with the corresponding version and then I went over Play with the new created profile. In the next menu there are no further settings for a server.
Do you have another hint for me?
The installation of the server was easier. ;o)
Thanks given by:
When you've launched Minecraft there is a Multiplayer button. After clicking that you should see a screen to save a server + IP or connect to an IP directly.
Thanks given by:
Smile 
I think the multiplayer function is not available to me because I still have the demo version. I would like to buy the launcher. We are 5 family members.  Do you know if I have to buy the launcher for each family member? So we have 5 PCs. Then that will be an expensive fun.
Thanks given by: Darrickduh
It used to be possible to start Minecraft on multiple computers on the same account. I don't know if that's still the case. I also believe Cuberite is the only server which allows 2 players with the same name.

I believe this question is better suited for someone in the Minecraft community.
Thanks given by: