Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I wish I could make something like that.

Nevertheless, rev 1417 has Noise3D fully settable in the INI file and has a basic terrain composition. I don't think I'll be adding to that any more, rather, I'll convert it into the Composable generator branch.

I think the terrain is quite awsome as it is now, wife says it's too wild, but I like it Smile
Thanks given by:
its awesome nowBig Grin but are you gonna implent this for only extreme hills(edge) or also for the forest/desert/jungle hills?
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately I don't know how to make this generator biome-aware, so it's gonna generate the same kind of terrain for all biomes. And I think I won't bother with making it biome-aware, since I have a few more ideas for overhang-capable generators and I wanna test those first, then the best one will be fully integrated.

I just wanna see some trees on those overhangs, so I'm gonna put Noise3D into Composable now Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow! It looks awesone! Can you add it to the normal generator? It would be nice!
Smile A new biome: Imposible hills.
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 04:50 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Smile A new biome: Imposible hills.

well there could only be a server-side new biome since a server can't "create" new biomes.
EDIT:
but it would be pretty funny to see.Tongue
Thanks given by:
Actually MCServer has been prepared to have more biomes than Vanilla does, and mapping those specific to MCS onto Vanilla biomes. So we could have Impossible Hills biome internally that would translate to vanilla's Extreme Mountains for clients.

That is, if I ever manage to plug any of these things into a biome-limited operationTongue
Thanks given by:
So like I said server-side biomes Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 04:57 AM)xoft Wrote: Actually MCServer has been prepared to have more biomes than Vanilla does, and mapping those specific to MCS onto Vanilla biomes. So we could have Impossible Hills biome internally that would translate to vanilla's Extreme Mountains for clients.

That is, if I ever manage to plug any of these things into a biome-limited operationTongue
The world generator is nice, but I use pregenerated maps (Vanilla) because MCServer crashes the client while generating chunks. Will you solve that?
Thanks given by:
I have never actually seen MCServer crash a client, I wanna know more.

I know MCServer can slow down clients when it generates a lot of water / lava (FS #342); that will be fixed with the new memory management (FS #344 and #174). But it's not a crash, it's a freeze and if you wait long enough, the client will recover.

Overhangs with trees:
[Image: overhangs7.jpg]
Go get it with rev 1419; set [Generator].Generator back to Composable and both [Generator].HeightGen and [Generator].CompositionGen to Noise3D.

I'm trying to figure out what's happenning - too many trees are bugged - sliced through the middle. Seems as if the heightmap isn't calculated properly or something.
Thanks given by:
i can't wait to see this biome-dependent Wink
Thanks given by: