Cuberite Forum
Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Cuberite (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer (/thread-1399.html)

Pages: 1 2

Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - pikachu784 - 03-05-2014

Hey all,

Recently I've bought a few things to run a server like, well... Keicraft! If you don't know already (go ahead and check), Keicraft is one of those typical public Minecraft server that are loads of fun. I wanted to use MCServer because it's overhead just crushes Java, and it is sure to bring the best performance. So I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction to help me make a server like Keicraft. Thanks for all the help and long live MCServer!

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - tonibm19 - 03-06-2014

That's difficult because of MCServer missing features. Also, possibly there are not many plugins.
What do you want the server to have? (words, plots, gamemodes)

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - pikachu784 - 03-06-2014

I was thinking that MCServer should at least take care of Hunger Games/Survival Games and maybe Creative. I want to use the least amount of Java processing possible. However, Hunger Games is my main shot (if not that then PvP of Creative).

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - tonibm19 - 03-06-2014

Creative can be done easily.
About HG, there is a plugin, but I think its always the same map

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - xoft - 03-06-2014

There is a HungerGames plugin, but it's hardcoded to use a very specific map, and overall the code looks terrible.

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - tigerw - 03-07-2014

With PvP, but we don't have enchantments yet, and armour is somewhat unfinished, but you can hit and kill people, so I suppose that is partly satisfied?

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - pikachu784 - 03-10-2014

Well, I looked at the HG plugin and it seems that it just has all the starting points put in already. You could get a mod that tells the specific chest location and put it in. Creative would be plots and PvP like the normal PvP you see on servers. I was also wondering of BungeeCord world woke on this to transfer players from a Spigot server. Thanks!

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - fankins - 03-12-2014

(03-06-2014, 07:44 PM)xoft Wrote: looks terrible.

what's wrong? Sad

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - xoft - 03-12-2014

The code has zero structure, almost no comments, everything is hardcoded and there are leftovers from previous implementation attempts, so one really doesn't know what the code does.

RE: Full Fleged Server... all with MCServer - pikachu784 - 03-13-2014

This might be a lot to ask, but then can I ask someone here for help? If I can't get it working here, I'll have to go to Spigot, and thats... Java.