Cuberite Forum
Portal v1 (r842) - Printable Version

+- Cuberite Forum (https://forum.cuberite.org)
+-- Forum: Plugins (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin Releases (https://forum.cuberite.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Portal v1 (r842) (/thread-558.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Portal v1 (r842) - Taugeshtu - 09-08-2012

How to use:
  1. Put .zip inside your "Plugins" folder;
  2. "Extract here";
  3. Go to your settings.ini OR use web control panel, and add "Portal";
  4. You must have "portal.create" permission
  5. To create portal exit, stand where you need it and type "/pwarp [name]"
  6. To create portal entrance, select a region with wooder sword. One leftclick and one rightclick. Then type "/penter [name]". If warp and enter have same name, they will be linked (you'll get a message).
  7. To switch off region selection mode, type "/ptoggle" (it's on by default for those who have "portal.create" permission)
  8. To use portal, stand still in entrance zone for 2 seconds (currently adjustable via plugin modification, PORTAL_ACTIVATION_TIME variable in portal_main.lua)
  9. ...
  10. PROFIT TELEPORT!!!

Features:
Horrible portal creation process, but nice-and-easy portals usage;
Fail-safe (or should be, at least...) - it will log in case you'll disable/delete world with portals in it;
Readable data storage (data's saved in *.dat files).

ToDo:
WebAdmin features, like web warp creation, based on current players coords, warps and enters deletion (currently it's only possible through .dat modification Smile), warps and enters renaming.

That's it.

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - Taugeshtu - 09-08-2012

I'm sorry, this version is buggy, I'm fixing it now
Fixed! Tested:
- Correct region selection and region check;
- Cross-world portals;
- Dual portals (one have exit where another have entrance and vice-versa);
- In-world portals.

Unfortunately, I can't make /Plugins/Portal/ path work( If anyone happened to know how to fix that - I'll be glad to know.

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - FakeTruth - 09-08-2012

(09-08-2012, 02:29 AM)Taugeshtu Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't make /Plugins/Portal/ path work( If anyone happened to know how to fix that - I'll be glad to know.

What do you mean? Is this webadmin related?

Quote:What do you mean? Is this webadmin related?
No, I can't access file through lua's "io" class if I put it inside plugin's folder. It only works for MCS root folder, for some reason (I get "can't access global file" error, or something like that)

I use two files for data storage: portals_portals.dat and portals_players.dat (this one only saves admin's wooden sword mode)

Haven't touched web part yet. This will be in v2.

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - FakeTruth - 09-08-2012

I should create a function to get the plugin's folder address anyway, I think plugin settings should be stored in their own folders instead of the rootTongue that should keep things a lot cleaner

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - xoft - 09-08-2012

Can't you use a regular ini file instead? So that it is user-editable, if the need arises.

Quote:Can't you use a regular ini file instead? So that it is user-editable, if the need arises.
Files are user-editable already. I could add more love to them, but there isn't really much pain in understanding their structure once you had a look at plugin's code (and it's really easy) :
Code:
ToKastor~Kastor~8.8987965919576~105~1.8690593470373
ToThau~Thaumatorium~29.787251471287~73~-1.6744356516502
ToThau~Kastor~9~107~0~8~104~2
ToKastor~Thaumatorium~28~75~-2~30~72~-2
Besides, in my mind .ini is somewhat configuring, not storing data. Think world.ini and region.dat.

Quote:I should create a function to get the plugin's folder address anyway
That would be nice Smile We'll see if it works...

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - NiLSPACE - 09-08-2012

if i use /penter (name) the server says unknown command and when i only use /penter it says you should specify the name in one word. and then it says again Unknown Command :O

Quote:the server says unknown command
That's normal Smile Does it also say that enter "name" was created (and linked, in case you've already created a warp with such a name)?

RE: Portal v1 (r842) - NiLSPACE - 09-08-2012

... i forgot to create an area with the wooden sword :S
can you also add that it transports dropped items and mobs through the portal? just like in minecraft snapshot 12w34a?