Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Rejoice, MCS plugins now have access to "plugin messages" sent through the protocol. We can finally make a full-fledged WorldEdit plugin, with WECUI integration.

Well, almost. Plugins can receive the messages, but cannot send them yet, will implement that later.
Thanks given by:
Has anyone found a solution to the liblua.so not found thing except for compiling MCS locally?
Thanks given by:
I believe that has been fixed - Lua isn't used shared in *nix
Thanks given by:
Hm, a direct download from bearbin's server still won't run. Is this the same for tonibm9?
Thanks given by:
Ill try

It works for me. Try compiling yourself to see if it works.
Thanks given by:
Ah, but using bearbin's builds, not compiling yourself - does that work for you? We can't provide builds to people that don't runTongue

On another issue:
Favicons aren't quite working on Linux. It seems that if the file favicon.png exists, trying to do anything with the m_FaviconData variable that involves a AppendVPrintf (i.e. LOG, AppendPrintf) causes a segmentation fault.

GDB says this:

Code:
#0  0x00007ffff6ed9cba in vfprintf () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff6f006a2 in vsnprintf () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x0000000000597a9a in AppendVPrintf(std::string&, char const*, __va_list_tag*) ()
#3  0x00000000005b206b in cLog::Log(char const*, __va_list_tag*) ()
#4  0x000000000059a302 in LOG(char const*, ...) ()
#5  0x00000000005cc777 in cServer::InitServer(cIniFile&) ()
#6  0x00000000005c201e in cRoot::Start() ()
#7  0x0000000000580e26 in main ()

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Yes I used a build from bearbin server (where a week ago I compiled it), and it worked.
Thanks given by:
tigerw, why don't you post it in the issue tracker? The forums, and especially this thread, will just bury it deep within a few days.

Well, I finally managed to get both Bukkit + WorldEdit on the serverside and LiteLoader + WorldEditCUI on the clientside working and talking to each other, plus ProtoProxy in the middle. What a mess. And only in 1.6.4; 1.7 doesn't seem to be supported yet. Now I can go look at the WECUI plugin messages.
Thanks given by:
So how do you put a favicon in the vanilla server?
I've put a favicon.png file in the server's folder, but still the client doesn't see anything.
Thanks given by:
That's the correct procedure, but now there seems to be another problem - there is some sort of size limit for the favicon, and the server/client doesn't properly send/receive a favicon bigger than this limit.

For example, in Paint, draw a black line on a 64x64 px image. This works and displays on the client. If you draw multiple lines with multiple colours though (larger size), the client breaks and thinks the server is on 1.6.4 and has no ping.
Thanks given by: