Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Funny thing with Vanillla - it disallows placing dirt on the topmost level of the world (Y = 255). However, when I place dirt at Y=254 and then place a sunflower on top of it (Y=255), it will place the bottom half of the sunflower. Then whenever I place anything next to the sunflower, it pops out as a pickup.
Thanks given by:
*sigh* I just can't think of a domain name for a website. I'm still using the domain xoft gave me, even though I said I would get my own domain as soon as possible. Does anyone have an idea/suggestion? Wink
Thanks given by:
How about strwarrior.net? Looks available, too Smile
Thanks given by:
Yay! I Have Android 5.0 in my 2011 Samsung Galaxy S Plus 512mb ram 1,4ghz.
It's incredible to see such new OS running fairly well in such old and shitty phone.
Now I only need MCServer for android 5.0Tongue
Thanks given by:
What ROM do you use? I have the same SmartPhone
Thanks given by:
(12-16-2014, 06:11 AM)SphinxC0re Wrote: What ROM do you use? I have the same SmartPhone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s...m-t2971987
I have to warn you, if you use the phone as primary phone it may not be the best because its an alpha. Also, the first boot takes 30minutes, and the first 10m of use it lags a lot, but then it starts getting smoother.
Thanks given by:
Funny thing (again) with vanillaTongue

When placing slabs around, I found out that it's quite inconsistent about slabs on snow. I created this test setup:
[Image: snowslab1.jpg]

When placing another slab at the highlighted location, I expected it to replace the snow with a bottom-half slab. Instead, I got this:
[Image: snowslab2.jpg]

Weird thing is, placing the slab on snow normally does replace the snow, it only happens if there's an upside-down slab above the snow block.

This means MCS currently produces ghost slabs in these scenarios, because it behaves consistently, replacing the snow block with a bottom-half slab. And I've run out of the willpower required to "fix" our correct behavior.
Thanks given by:
How far down the road of bug to bug compatibly are we willing to go?
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2014, 09:01 AM)worktycho Wrote: How far down the road of bug to bug compatibly are we willing to go?

What do you mean? Could you explain yourself a little more?
Thanks given by:
The vanilla behaviour is a bug - nobody would expect a slab to place where it did.

We (MCServer) want to be as compatible with vanilla as possible, to the extent of copying bugs so people don't notice the difference. But if we copied all the bugs, it would be a lot of effort to fix them when Mojang did and also people would complain our implementation is buggy.

For this one, I think leaving it and reporting to Mojang at the jira tracker would be the best thing to do.
Thanks given by: