Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Yeah. And as a result the next semester is going to be really short. My teacher calculated we only have about 12 weeks of actual school time before the summer vacation.
Thanks given by:
Good luck
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know what the unit of a_Dt supposed to be in Entity::Tick and Entity::HandlePhysics? I'm converting it to std::chrono, and TickThread appears to pass milliseconds, but a lot of the physics code seems to either be working in microseconds or a_Dt is expected to be in seconds.

EDIT:
No I'm being stupid, its trying to work in seconds.
Thanks given by:
And I was thinking about getting rid of it completely. The code should only use ticks, no other time measure, for everything. The only place where the actual real-world time would be useful is a performance-reporting plugin.
Thanks given by:
Its useful to smooth physics code when the server is running slightly slow (dropping a couple of ticks per second)
Thanks given by:
Heart 
What about a delay that plugins can cause? like simply
void delay(int milliseconds);
Thanks given by:
Plugins are synchronous, so they cannot, ever, use code like that. You need to use the scheduler - "call me back in 5 ticks".
Thanks given by:
I got a 10 on my programming test (highest possible in case it's different in your country)Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Awesome!
Thanks given by:
Congratulations!
Thanks given by: