Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Oh, I see. So they basically reverse-engineered it in a way?
Thanks given by:
I want to use it as a replacement for std::vector as a container for the clients to send the buffer to in my rewrite for #1800. The advantage of it is that it can avoid the buffer allocation for small collections, by providing space for N elements in the main object. It is much more efficient for collections that are usually small but occasionally can grow very large, like the clients in a chunk.

I also think it would be a useful option to have as a collection generally as well as this specific use case.
Thanks given by:
@DiamondToaster: Yes, the entire source code has been decompiled from the binaries.

@worktycho: I thought std::vector already had that optimization. Now I'm not sure. I know for sure that std::string does have that static-sized buffer for small strings, at least in the MSVC (Dinkumware) STL implementation.
Thanks given by:
std::String is allowed to, std::vector can't do the optimization due to the requirement of std::swap on two vectors not preforming any changes to the members of the vector, including moving them. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/81909...timization
Thanks given by:
I've changed Coverity access settings so that anyone can view the defects (read-only); I hope I didn't do something bad with that Smile I see no reason why anyone shouldn't have access to those, after all, we might get someone from the outside interested in fixing some of them.
Thanks given by:
Its not a problem, its just their defaults are set up for huge projects where if coverity spots a security flaw the developers want to able to fix it before hackers can see it.
Thanks given by:
I may have found a way to run MCS on android... If it used gcc 4.4.0.
See "terminal IDE" app in google play
Thanks given by:
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1513 Smile
Thanks given by:
I know, i tried too, but there was a really little bit free ram for linux. My "spare" phone only has 512mb ram so if I cant run it directly on android there is no way.
Thanks given by:
I got MCServer and Cauldron (Spigot + Forge) to run on both my Moto G and my Odroid XU3 at a very nice speed using a chroot. Smile
Thanks given by: