Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Whoa, got to love those mountains.
Oh btw Sphinx, the world gen finished within 22 hours, 17,8gb
Though at the end the gen speed dropped to 50% what it was before oddly.

But i finished generating a 4mil chunk world lol. no crash!
Thanks given by:
That sounds great!
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2015, 06:34 PM)xoft Wrote: I think I know what I'll print and hang on our wall at work Smile
[Image: a3LbBne_700b.jpg]

I think your local Health and Safety Executive may have something to say about that.
Thanks given by:
That mountain looks great, but I don't think it would work well with biomes. As for the server itself, it seems abandoned for over a year, and the C++ code is, let's call it "strange". I tried to look at the generator and it's been pain to read. Not to mention that it depends on a library no longer available (RLeahyLib)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I noticed. Such a shame Sad

Our mountains generator doesn't work with biomes as well right?
Thanks given by:
It does, but that's because it doesn't do such huge mountains. With smaller mountains, it's okay for the generator to just interpolate between the values on the biome's edges; with those huge mountains, that would produce really steep valleys. Might be interesting, though Smile
Thanks given by:
I even believe mountains like that are already possible with the current generators, they just need some parameter tweaking. Set the biome to constant extreme hills and the shape generator to Noise3D for the tweaking, then adjust the Noise3D's parameters until you get those large mountains. If you're successful, we could set those parameters as a default for some biome, say, ExtremeHills+.
Thanks given by:
Lookie lookie Smile
[Image: TreePaths.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whoah, that's awesome :O
Thanks given by:
I set up a new forum running NodeBBBig Grin
http://cuberiteforum.devilbyte.de/
Thanks given by: