Random Chitchat 2012-2016
when do you think you finish your work??
Thanks given by:
Well, the ravines' shapes are turning out somewhat. There are a few irregularities still, but in general, I'm quite satisfied Smile
(red = ravine point of generation (origin), ltgray = pointer to ravine + ravine base shape, black = ravine final shape)
[Image: ravines.svg]
Thanks given by:
wow that looks pretty coolBig Grin but are they far enough apart each other??
Thanks given by:
Placement will need some playtesting and tweaking. But first I'd like to have a working implementation of the shape and its projection into the world.
Thanks given by:
good ideaTongue the world generation just keeps getting better and betterBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Out of curiosity, I've tried STR's jungle tree patch, and the generator is woeful now - it takes about 10 seconds to generate a single jungle chunk. WTF? There's something fishy going on.
True, I'm running in Debug mode which has its penalties, but I don't think they'd be so big.
Thanks given by:
maybe becouse it needs to generate a 2x2 log
Thanks given by:
Definitely not. It's spending all its cycles in the memory management, so either you underestimated the number of blocks needed for a jungle tree, or there's a bug generating duplicate blocks per tree.
It's now 15 minutes since I connected the client, and I'm still having the "downloading terrain" screen. Now I see why people complain about the terrain download taking too long Wink
Thanks given by:
if you finaly connectTongue you will see that the small trees are sometimes floating and sometimes in a big jungle tree generated.
Thanks given by:
how is your ravines generation?? already a picture?Big Grin
Thanks given by: