Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(05-21-2013, 01:31 AM)xoft Wrote: I'm wondering if we could use the Decoda Lua IDE for debugging MCS plugins.

Gentlemen, it works! We have a Lua IDE capable of debugging the plugins while they run in MCServer!

I'll write up a short guide as soon as I verify the steps needed to get things working.
Thanks given by:
I've editted the source a bit that changes the SetVersion from a int to a double, so you can have like a version 1.2 or something.

Attached Files
.patch   int to double.patch (Size: 2.09 KB / Downloads: 141)
Thanks given by:
I don't think it's such a good idea, who wants version 3.141592653 anyway? The version number is supposed to be incremented by one with every release of the plugin; there's no real use for it anyway, I was actually considering removing it altogether.
Thanks given by:
Removing it is not a realy smart idea i think since every plugin uses it. I tested it with double and i can just have a WorldEdit v0.1 without like 8 zero's behind it.
Thanks given by:
But what then if you wanted 0.1.5a?Tongue My point is, once you open this, there's no stopping. Do you think it's really that necessary?

The Android people have solved it quite elegantly. All the apps in the Play store have two version numbers, one machine-readable int, that is compared to see if your phone has a new version or not, and one string that is visible to the users and isn't used anywhere else.
Thanks given by:
Then maybe change it to a string? Wink the GetVersion function is usefull for getting the version of a plugin from another plugin.
Thanks given by:
And how would you compare a string, then? If you had a plugin that checks for updates for other plugins, it would have no way of comparing.
I'd say, keep the int, and keep it internal; display whatever string to the user (server admin).
Thanks given by:
ok. i just thought it might be usefull for people who don't want to add a complete new version when they do a small update.

FakeTruth, Could this be added into the forum?: http://mods.mybb.com/view/spoiler-mycode-no-preload
I'd like to use it in my WorldEdit thread for API stuff etc.
Thanks given by:
Ok I installed the plugin

"TEEST":
test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test. test.
Code:
int test()
{
  return 0;
}
Quote:some more test

It seems to have trouble with code tags
Thanks given by:
Yea sadly it seems pretty buggy ;(
Thanks given by: