Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Bows are starting to work. They already shoot arrows, but the arrows' physics are still bugged. And the bow doesn't put the right amount of speed into the arrows.
Thanks given by:
Great.
Thanks given by:
But I keep finding these bugs that are distracting me from doing something useful. Currently, the cPlayer sometimes doesn't tick, because the clienthandle still thinks it's downloading the initial terrain, the client didn't confirm the initial position. I don't wanna fix such bugs on a feature branch Sad
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 01:38 AM)xoft Wrote: But I keep finding these bugs that are distracting me from doing something useful. Currently, the cPlayer sometimes doesn't tick, because the clienthandle still thinks it's downloading the initial terrain, the client didn't confirm the initial position. I don't wanna fix such bugs on a feature branch Sad

The client didn't confirm it's position‽ I thought it was always supposed to do that. Make a long timeout and kick the clientBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I walked across several chunks and still the client didn't send the confirmation (or maybe it did send the confirmation before I even sent the initial position, dunno). The point is, I need to record the comm with ProtoProxy and adjust the code to behave well. I've already started work on ProtoProxy and the vanilla log.
Thanks given by:
I've merged the Projectiles branch into master, because it contained several bugfixes and changes in the overall approach, it would be difficult to keep those apart for longer time. I will continue to develop projectiles on the separate branch again, just wanted to update the master.

So right now you can play with half-functional bows, shoot harmless arrows around etc. Also the Debuggers plugin, as usual, has some API example on creating projectiles in a plugin.
Thanks given by:
is there projectile damage. Can you kill with arrows?
Thanks given by:
He said they were harmless.
Thanks given by:
Code to make enderpearl work:
cThrownEnderPearlEntity::cThrownEnderPearlEntity(cEntity * a_Creator, double a_X, double a_Y, double a_Z, const Vector3d & a_Speed) :
	super(pkEnderPearl, a_Creator, a_X, a_Y, a_Z, 0.25, 0.25)
{
	m_Creator = a_Creator;
	SetSpeed(a_Speed);
}

void cThrownEnderPearlEntity::OnHitSolidBlock(int a_BlockX, int a_BlockY, int a_BlockZ, char a_BlockFace)
{
	m_Creator->TeleportToCoords(a_BlockX + 0.5, a_BlockY + 1, a_BlockZ + 0.5);
	m_Creator->TakeDamage(dtSuffocating, NULL, 5, 0);
	Destroy();
}
Thanks given by:
I think we'll provide a new DamageType value for enderpearls. Also, setting the creator in the constructor is unneccessary, the superclass should take care of that.

I accidentally committed a few AnvilStats upgrades onto the Projectiles branch and before I noticed, I pushed it. So I had to re-merge Projectiles into the master yet again. So enjoy the throwables in the master Smile
Thanks given by: