MCServer Autoupdate Script (for Linux)
Brick 
Salutations!

Since updating whilst trying to preserve configuration and world is so tedious, for me anyway, I wrote a little updater script.

Exclamation WARNING - Please manually backup your files first before testing this script. I cannot be blamed if it deletes your world!
Exclamation INFORMATION - This script assumes your MCServer is in a directory called 'mcserver' and that you are currently one up from that directory. You can change the directory by editing the MCSDIR variable.

This script detects your platform, downloads the correct ball of tar from Bearbin's Automated Building Server, extracts, stops MCS, copies, and starts.

To use this script, make sure you are one up from you server folder, and enter the command:
Code:
wget https://github.com/tigerw/MCServer-Autoupdate-Script/raw/master/updateserver.sh && bash updateserver.sh

To see the source code, visit the hub of gits page.

Near completely rewritten with 200% extra functionality, courtesy of the venerable and awesome Bearbin! Visit his hub of gits here.
Additional contributions stem from xoft and jimmis' recommendations. Your help was gratefully received!

Thanks for looking!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
MCServer Autoupdate Script (for Linux) - by tigerw - 07-12-2013, 09:18 PM