Poll: Should I change the format?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, change it to one-line
75.00%
3 75.00%
No, don't change it, but implement the (relevant parts of the) API
25.00%
1 25.00%
No, don't touch it at all
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Change settings.ini plugins format?
I'm not expecting too many people to actually edit the list by hand; rather, the webadmin UI will do that. So line length should not be much of a factor here.
True, I can see you points, that's why I created a poll instead of doing it immediately Wink I, too, like to disable plugins simply by commenting out lines; but even that shows one very big flaw - automated INI processors (such as MCServer) are not guaranteed to even support multiple same-value lines, and if they do, they don't guarantee that they'll keep the order in which the lines appear. MCServer currently happens to do that for regular lines, but it already moves all comments to the top of a section.

Maybe we could devise an even better format:
Code:
[Plugins]
PluginNameGHI=2
PluginNameDEF=4
PluginNameABC=1
-> This would load plugins "PluginNameABC", "PluginNameGHI" and "PluginNameDEF", in this order. The order is given by the ascending numbers (missing numbers don't matter) and you still get the ability to comment out plugins simply. And all the values have different names now. Yay!
Upon reading the file, MCServer would re-number the plugins and output them in the correct loading order, so that later maintenance of this file is easier.
To add a plugin, a user would simply add a "NewPlugin=99999" line and it will get sorted out.
If there are multiple plugins with the same priority number, let's say MCServer will decide (random) which one is first.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Change settings.ini plugins format? - by xoft - 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Change settings.ini plugins format? - by xoft - 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM