BlockProtection - automatic per-block protection
I wonder if using this would make sense when the world is stored on an SD card where writes/rewrites eat away at the lifetime of the card itself, and how large the databases would become.

(05-16-2015, 03:42 PM)Serial Wrote: I'm considering it but there must be a way to protect the air in and around a players creation other wise bad things can happen to builds .

Maybe it could be made so that you specify the amount of blocks near a placed block that also will be protected, unless it collides with another solid block.

I also have another suggestion for this. Not having it enabled per default, but per session, on request. Meaning, players can build normally without protection for their blocks unless they specifically want it. Some might want this for everything, but I don't. It'd be fine by me if any other player modifies a few things here and there on my stuff. Only the parts that I absolutely want "set in stone", I'd enable it for those.

/privateblocks on
/privateblocks off

I was also pondering if it makes sense to give players limitless protected blocks instead of maybe being able to limit it to a specific amount, so they handle these with care, or so that if anyone wants to grief using them, there is a natural limit. Giving a player, say, 1000 blocks per day, and displaying a counter of how many have been used ...? Does anyone else thinks this might be a good idea, depending on what kind of server you have and how many players there are?

In any case, this looks very interesting, and I'm thinking about using it, and then maybe really opening my server for public use without any whitelisting.

Lastly, some thoughts on usability. lsfriends and addfriend, rmfriend and such -- that sounds largely inspired by unix commands. A lot of players will forget these in a heartbeat and want to look them up again and again. I'd propose simply using:

add <name>
friends
remove <name>
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Noob needs help! - by Ninjalope - 01-08-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: BlockProtection - automatic per-block protection - by Jammet - 01-08-2016, 09:25 PM