Performance, Reliability and Plugins
We already have a small FAQ, but we don't have a comparison somewhere.

You can do quite allot of things with the Lua API, but currently you can't send fake packets. I did hope that we could implement a cPlayer::SendPacket or cClientHandle::SendPacket function.

No, you can't do advanced things within the server without that part being exported. Especially the advanced things within the server have to be exported manualy, otherwise you get parameters that don't match and crashes.

Multithreading is needed, but is hard to implement since a LuaState isn't thread-safe. There is also the option to allow multiple LuaStates for plugins, but it would be less optimal. There is also an issue on Github: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/issues/2071

We don't have allot of anti-cheat measures in place. I believe you can't place blocks that are more than a X blocks from you, and if you place more blocks than Y in a tick, then you get kicked. I'm not sure how Cuberite would respond to CheatEngine. It's possible that you just get an error that the inventory isn't in sync anymore.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance, Reliability and Plugins - by NiLSPACE - 07-09-2015, 05:12 PM